Why don't we wear the FA cup logo on our shirts

Intrigued by this I looked up the rules which are for last year, but same sponsor.

Rule 3 is a bit long to cut and paste but basically says that the competition shall be marketed under the title 'The Emirates FA Cup' and the club must refer to the title on all materials relating to the competition (list does not include shirts).
The official logo shall have lead sponsor branding.
Images of the cup shall have sponsor branded ribbons.
You have to give the marketing name out over the tannoy and display it wherever possible (not shirts)

Then we get to rule 14 which states:

Rule 14
f) In the Semi Final and Final the participating Clubs will be required to wear sleeve badges branded with The FA Cup Logo unless this is precluded by an agreement with a shirt sponsor who is a competitor of the lead FA Cup sponsor.

So, as Gordyola worked out, we are only displaying it where we have to due to the conflict of interest.

i never knew that we could leave them off the kits with being a team sponsor competitor how would that work in the premier league if somebody like the emirates did sponsor the league funny if won the league and fucked off the gold badge

West ham had asked to wear a comemorative shirt that was navy in that game but the FA refused just before , we probably wasn't sure which shirt we would be wearing
I didn't know that.

The FA like their refs to wear black (tradition) in the cup and may have seen it as a clash?

Hopefully we don't have their logo as a protest about the corrupt twat of an organisation .

i just don't think they had any FA Cup badges to put them on.

apparently...

teams are under no obligation to wear the FA Cup badge if the games arent picked for Live TV. If there are on live TV in the UK or abroad, teams must wear the FA Cup badge and not their respective league badges.

Middlesborough wore the PL badge in the last 3 FA Cup games they won, but only that was one was on telly and should have been the FA Cup badge. Boro are unlikely to face any action from the FA though.

... so maybe if its on telly, City just opted just to not have a PL badge on their shirts on they just didnt have any and got some cup shirts from the CityStore instead .

Last edited:
If there are on live TV in the UK or abroad, teams must wear the FA Cup badge and not their respective league badges.
The rules shown on the first page of this thread state that they only have to be worn in the semis and final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.