Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

That could only be responsible for one year at best and that year we finished second and reached the cup final. The main failure has been the last three and FFP has not hampered that.

Spurs have spent 1 million since 2013 and we have spent 405 million on transfers so please do not tell me ffp is the main reason, it's our failure in recruitment.

Good point spurs no pressure of winning anything and not even reaching top 4.

Personally ffp did hamper us for 2 seasons but wasnt just that there was other factors like mentioned in my first post.

We've made some pretty average signings since the 2012 title win.

I just don't think the level of ambition or real belief has been there, to go for proven quality enough times.

It's obvious that Rodwell, Sinclair, Fernando, Delph, Mangala, Navas, Nolito and Otamendi aren't at the same level as Hazard, Fabregas, Kante, David Luiz, Azpilicueta and Costa.We needed to show more ambition and just keep outbidding Chelsea, or at least choosing players of a similar standard.

I think our preoccupation with being too 'nice' has hindered us too. Pellegrini had no charisma and didn't instil a 'we will not fucking lose' mentality, or slap down the gobshites in the rag media.

Finally, our marketing is fucking shit. Again, too 'nice'. Too much emphasis on the youth programme, ladies team and franchises in NY and Australia. That's all great as a business model, but it's not attention grabbing! The Welcome to Manchester poster was attention grabbing. People still talk about it. It riled Ferguson. It doesn't matter if some things we do get negative press, there will always be haters, but at least they'd be talking about us. We've made ourselves dull.

Premier league football is glitzy, showy, larger than life. We need to show off, boast, make big claims and back these up with bold statements and attitude. Market ourselves as equal to Barca, Juve, Bayern. Bigger than Chelsea. Posters across Europe in cities where we have upcoming fixtures: Are you ready to go inSané, with a big pic of Leroy looking cool as fuck. Or GJ posters, web campaigns: Jesus is back, The second Coming, Football - Ressurected, the guy just gives marketing everything. Get these kind of things all over the internet, football sites, tube stations, wherever. Fucking go big City and the rest will follow.

Mate it has not hindered us that much as we have outspent everyone over the last 8/9 years.

How much more money do we need to spend score we consider it's the selection of players that's the problem rather than blame external factors.

I actually agree, that is why i first said it is a mixture of everything, not just one situation.

We've made some pretty average signings since the 2012 title win.

I just don't think the level of ambition or real belief has been there, to go for proven quality enough times.

It's obvious that Rodwell, Sinclair, Fernando, Delph, Mangala, Navas, Nolito and Otamendi aren't at the same level as Hazard, Fabregas, Kante, David Luiz, Azpilicueta and Costa.We needed to show more ambition and just keep outbidding Chelsea, or at least choosing players of a similar standard.

I think our preoccupation with being too 'nice' has hindered us too. Pellegrini had no charisma and didn't instil a 'we will not fucking lose' mentality, or slap down the gobshites in the rag media.

Finally, our marketing is fucking shit. Again, too 'nice'. Too much emphasis on the youth programme, ladies team and franchises in NY and Australia. That's all great as a business model, but it's not attention grabbing! The Welcome to Manchester poster was attention grabbing. People still talk about it. It riled Ferguson. It doesn't matter if some things we do get negative press, there will always be haters, but at least they'd be talking about us. We've made ourselves dull.

Premier league football is glitzy, showy, larger than life. We need to show off, boast, make big claims and back these up with bold statements and attitude. Market ourselves as equal to Barca, Juve, Bayern. Bigger than Chelsea. Posters across Europe in cities where we have upcoming fixtures: Are you ready to go inSané, with a big pic of Leroy looking cool as fuck. Or GJ posters, web campaigns: Jesus is back, The second Coming, Football - Ressurected, the guy just gives marketing everything. Get these kind of things all over the internet, football sites, tube stations, wherever. Fucking go big City and the rest will follow.

And a bet that tevez poster was Cook idea these days we dont want to upset anyone and take it up the arse from all quarters.

Interesting read but some of the points made aren't great. Comparing us to Chelsea is difficult considering Chelsea were an established champions league team with a group of top players when they were taken over. We we're starting from scratch. I do think a mixture of FFP and a series of poor signings has hampered us. We don't have that tough back bone like we did in 2012. I think the Barca model has become a little outdated at this point and teams have learned how to combat it. I do think we have underachieved considering the money we have spent but the league is so much more competitive now. Hopefully pep can sort it all out and it will all click in to place. The only way to shut the doubters up is to win trophies.

Good point spurs no pressure of winning anything and not even reaching top 4.

Personally ffp did hamper us for 2 seasons but wasnt just that there was other factors like mentioned in my first post.

You have pretty much blamed all the failings on someone or somebody else from ffp to the media to referees, but not once mentiomed our failure in recruitment. Sorry mate but you are blind to the failings over the last few years.

All super clubs have passionately active support. We haven't and this is one of the reasons that we can't claim that status. Chelsea have the same problem. All of the other requirements are in place, but the introduction of a great atmosphere every game cannot be addressed easily.

read the full article and can't really disagree with the majority of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.