Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Happy to oblige......please help me understand your view on Bobbys career record at City ?
I enjoyed it immensely, he was exactly the sort of short term, cheque book manager we need at the time to fight our way to the top. Unfortunately he lost his shit when the board would not let him continue to buy expensive veterans, spent the entire season moaning about who he didn't have instead of concentrating on the fantastic squad he still had, shit the bed in the CL, fell out with everyone and then was rightly sacked. I was sad to see him go and will always appreciate what he did, but then I moved on like a healthy human being, given that it was almost 5 years ago.

In the time since the major money investment, I would say City have become a super club.
You are all but favourites for the prem title every season, semi finals of champs league last season....you are getting there.

I'd certainly say that where you have come from (a similar level to my team) to where you are now, as nothing short of astounding.
What has also made it more difficult, is the general amount of money from the tv deals and ffp, it has made it slightly more even ground than one team shelling out all of the money.

To me, a super club is one that can compete at all levels, and City does..very effectively...you've had a good few close misses this season, and I would argue that this season was transitional.....you still took Barcelona out at the Etihad....

So back to my original point, is city a super club compared to mine, sadly for me, yes you are...but a super club doesn't have entitlement to win everything, the competition is too strong.

I decline to respond to non-sequiturs.

Never been refered to as a literary device afore.....nice one.
I enjoyed it immensely, he was exactly the sort of short term, cheque book manager we need at the time to fight our way to the top. Unfortunately he lost his shit when the board would not let him continue to buy expensive veterans, spent the entire season moaning about who he didn't have instead of concentrating on the fantastic squad he still had, shit the bed in the CL, fell out with everyone and then was rightly sacked. I was sad to see him go and will always appreciate what he did, but then I moved on like a healthy human being, given that it was almost 5 years ago.

We disagree on some things Oscar,but expressing opinions is what makes BlueMoon and you've expressed yours without recourse to unecessary language etc.

The futures blue.

Forza Mancini......Viva Pepito.

Yes last season was a little underwhelming but we are still heading in the right direction.

As Stockport Mackem said, we are serious contenders in every competition that we enter. We also have a bigger transfer budget than ever before and have kicked on with signing the excellent Bernardo Silva.

We are self sustaining financially and also have several valuable players on loan that we could cash in on. I think the Club now expects to be inprofit each season.

This is our 7th consecutive finish in the Champs Leagues places that is the current best run in the Prem.

We have rediscovered our class with the send off to Zabba and the recognition that there needs to be more engagement from the Club / players with the fans. There are positive rumours (JRB mentioned something I think a couple of days ago) that more effort is going to be put into this area.

I'm looking forward to next season and I'm not too bothered if we are a super Club or not. We are City, Super City. We are City from Maine Road.

In the time since the major money investment, I would say City have become a super club.
You are all but favourites for the prem title every season, semi finals of champs league last season....you are getting there.

I'd certainly say that where you have come from (a similar level to my team) to where you are now, as nothing short of astounding.
What has also made it more difficult, is the general amount of money from the tv deals and ffp, it has made it slightly more even ground than one team shelling out all of the money.

To me, a super club is one that can compete at all levels, and City does..very effectively...you've had a good few close misses this season, and I would argue that this season was transitional.....you still took Barcelona out at the Etihad....

So back to my original point, is city a super club compared to mine, sadly for me, yes you are...but a super club doesn't have entitlement to win everything, the competition is too strong.
We'll said, I hope a few on here read the last line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.