Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

Regardless if it was true on not, the rumour was that Barca leaked the Mancini sacking before the FA Cup final to teach City and Soriano a lesson. TBF it probably is bollocks.

But that aside, Mansour, Khaldoon and Soriano should have held fire on sacking Mancini until after the FA Cup final.

Regardless if it was going to happen, those running the club should have kept the decision to themselves, gone along with the charade, and then sacked Mancini the following Week after he and City had won the cup, and the season was officially over. Instead the news came out on FA Cup final. Mancini put Hart in goal instead of Pants. City lost against a poor Wigan side. And the rest is history.

Our owner and the people running the club for him obviously hadn't learnt from the Hughes debacle.

Regardless if it was true on not, the rumour was that Barca leaked the Mancini sacking before the FA Cup final to teach City and Soriano a lesson. TBF it probably is bollocks.

But that aside, Mansour, Khaldoon and Soriano should have held fire on sacking Mancini until after the FA Cup final.

Regardless if it was going to happen, those running the club should have kept the decision to themselves, gone along with the charade, and then sacked Mancini the following Week after he and City had won the cup, and the season was officially over. Instead the news came out on FA Cup final. Mancini put Hart in goal instead of Pants. City lost against a poor Wigan side. And the rest is history.

Our owner and the people running the club for him obviously hadn't learnt from the Hughes debacle.

Spot on JRB

That's a very interesting anti Bobby view.

There's everything in Bobbys career at City to suggest that he would've continued to succeed if he'd have been backed @ 93-20.

We were 2nd in the PL & the players 'threw' a cup final with an inferior squad to the one Bobby built having had Rodwell,Garcia,Sinclair etc dumped on him by an envious Marwood.

Bobby also wanted to replace Joe Hart as no1 keeper which resulted in Joes treachery. He was also advising Adam Johnson about his nocturnal activities. Where are all those players now ? But YAYA,Dave,Kun etc ?

I'm well over it mate cos I support MANCHESTER CITY. But I do care about the manager who won the rag semi,who won the cup,won the league,gave us sick swan,tore the banner down & scared the pants shitting,govan piss can in front of the biggest audience to ever watch a Sky PL match.

I'm astonished that " I truely don't care" about the man who restored pride. Astonishing & disgraceful.

It's not i don't care, but trying to live in the past or worry about what might have been, is futile in any situation.
What is done, is done. It can't be changed. Believe it or not, bar the odd interloper, we all support MANCHESTER CITY.
But most of us try to live in the here and now.

Back to the thread title and why we haven't become the superclub. I think the answer is time. Admittedly we've gone 0-60 in superquick time but to get to 100 takes longer.
I would say to be a superclub, the fans would behave to believe that their team has a very realistic chance of winning the league, the domestic cups, and the champions league.
I speak for myself, and I now have high expectations of us winning domestic honours, but have no expectation (yet) of european success. Pep might change this.

It's not i don't care, but trying to live in the past or worry about what might have been, is futile in any situation.
What is done, is done. It can't be changed. Believe it or not, bar the odd interloper, we all support MANCHESTER CITY.
But most of us try to live in the here and now.

Make no mistake ibbo,I live for the moment.

But one can learn so much from the past,it's why history in all its forms is so popular.

The futures blue.

Forza Mancini........Viva Pepito.

Barca were miffed cos they missed out on Pelligrini (who City appointed before stabbing Bobby) & decided to stir the pot !!

Don't get mad,get even ??

This was the lowest point for me, which totally soured Mancini's period with the club. The owners and various directors should have learnt from the way they dealt with Mark Hughes. It is history now, but I just feel if we had won the FA Cup that year it would have given us a platform to develop the winning mentality and set the bar for the following season. I'm not worried about the super club tag. As long as everyone is pulling together, the team are competitive and we are winning at least one trophy each season that is the level I hope to see.

Since the Mancini era we have seen more highs than lows, so I suppose the glass is half full rather than half empty. Pep's first season has been disappointing, but I've got the feeling the club are more together than ever, which should bode well for the coming seasons. My hope is that our owners look to try and extend Pep's contract with the club by at least another two seasons. This is probably the toughest challenge Pep has had as a manager and if City are to ever achieve what the owners purchased our club for, he is going to need time and their full support to help instill the winning culture that is needed to make us an even more successful club both at home and abroad.

My hope for next season is that we can win the Premier League title and go as far as we can in the domestic cup competitions. People talk about the Champions League being a priority, but I'm not sure it is a realistic target in a transitional period when we are likely to see a lot of changes on the field. Rightly or wrongly, I have reduced my expectations in the hope that we will see Pep and his squad surprise many and have a successful season on all four fronts...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.