Why Isn't This Real Madrid Team Talked About On The Same Level As Pep's Barcelona?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by BlueRon7, 8 Aug 2017.

1. Pep's Barca used to absolutely annihilate Real Madrid every time they played them at their peak. I seem to remember a 6-2 at the Bernabeu and a 5-0 at the Camp Nou. Proper footballing lessons.

This Madrid team still routinely get dispatched by Barca in El Clasicos.

Also they've been quite fortuitous with a couple of those CLs. Atletico had them beat in 2014, needed pens in 2016, even this year Bayern were robbed against them by all accounts. Look at both finals Barca beat Utd, complete one way traffic. I know the semi with Chelsea in '09 was a bit controversial but that was an anomaly.

2. Falcao

Falcao

I think it's a fair point. Some of their football is sublime and Modric, Kroos, Casemiro is a wonderfully balanced midfield and surely the best around currently.

Plus there is Isco, Ramos, the big hitters up front and Marcelo who is up there with anything that Dani Alves has done at fullback.

3. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

All true, but there are easily enough quality players to produce a higher level even so.

Look at what Mourinho has done with half a billion quid & there's your answer: managers imo. Look at us, with Pellegrini. Pathetic standard. These guys have won Premier League titles in recent years, with their tired old, unimaginitive routines.

If Pep doesn't succeed at City, we're on the same merrygoround of 2nd raters. He's our one chance to go to a new level. But then, when he leaves, we have to find another one & Barca are struggling like fuck to do that.

4. BlueRon7

BlueRon7

Sadly The Premier League is lagging way behind and is need of a major revamp/repackaging as it's losing it's appeal the longer we don't have any "super clubs" like Barcelona or Real Madrid getting to finals of Champion's Leagues.

5. Horsesays

Horsesays

I think deep down a lot of people suspect that Zidane isn't really doing much managing

6. mat

mat

Official Gimp to The Rat that Barks
    There will be one soon...

;)

7. davymcfc

davymcfc

I think it's because Barca's success over that period is seen as more organic. That team had a number of players who had come through the youth system Valdez, puyol, iniesta, xavi, Messi. They made the game look so simple and effortless. Real Madrid seems more manufactured. They have bought a number of superstars and win games because they have better players in literally every position. I imagine this is how people view city in many ways and I think the chances of Barca or anyone else for that matter replicating their youth policy as they did 7 or 8 years ago are incredibly unlikely.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

Whilst you have a point on a good few things, how many Spurs players came through their youth system that started for them as regulars last year? Genuine question. I know Alli was young but he was purchased at 18.

They've also taken a good few years of no CL football to get to that stage and we can't afford to do that.

9. KCblue

KCblue

They have an unreal amount of talent in their squad. 3 of the last four Champions Leagues, and with Neymar leaving Barca I'm not sure if anyone else is really close to Real in Europe right now. Bayern haven't made it to the final for a few seasons, maybe it's time for a fresh face ;)

10. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Bayern were robbed in the quarterfinals against Real Madrid