Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Caveman said:
Have a look at Ferguson's first five CL campaigns.
Did he have the squad which Mancini has, it is fucking embarrassing that we have not won a single group game.
Schmeichel Irwin Neville Ince Keane Scholes Kanchelskis Giggs Hughes Cantona Beckham all played for United over those five years.
He didn't spend 300 million though did he and at least he won a european trophy in the first 5 years of his reign while we've been knocked out with a wimper every european campaign since Mancini took over.

Blue Haze said:
There's a difference between wanting his sacking and feeling it's inevitable.

This. Many of us aren't crying for his resignation at all, we're just aware that our new ambitions dictate better performances in Europe, something Mancini clearly struggles with. Our owners seem like patient people, but as with Hughes they will be ruthless if its the best option. If they can't see a way forward in Europe under Mancini he'll be gone.

NipHolmes said:
Danielmanc said:
WayneBridge said:
OptaFranz ‏@OptaFranz
1 - Manchester City is the first English team not to win a single game in the Champions League group phase. Historic.

FACT - Man City are the champions of England

Great stat to be fair. Losing to Real and Dortmund isn't a hard pill to swallow, not beating Ajax was though.

Fair view !

I for one am not going to give up the elation of us being champions yet ! Waited 44 years for it, so not going to knee-jerk less than half a season later

Mancio said:
cookster said:
Caveman said:

Have a look at Mourinho's, Klopp and Pep's

and Di Matteo's
Which tells you Champions Lg success isn't necessarily down to being a great manager, not getting CL success isn't down to being not a good enough manager neither.

Can someone do a check on Didbury's 'York' count in his posts. I'm willing to bet that he is more obsessed and talks about it more than the rest of this board combined.

2 points in group stage of Champions League. Didn't even make Europa League? Not making it to knockout stage two years in a row with that much money spent. I don't know any reason at all.

cookster said:
Caveman said:
cookster said:
5 Champ League campaigns, 1 QTR Final with Inter.

Just a thought....

Have a look at Mourinho's, Klopp and Pep's

Absolutely.
I don't see what fergusons record from decades ago has got to do with anything. He's a complete irrelevance to our club.

The answer to the op is obvious:
If there was someone better available

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
Caveman said:

Why not talk about how Malaga, PSG, Napoli (on top of my head) have all qualified in first time of asking. Napoli in particular have 2 players that could get in our team yet we got 1 point from 2 legs from them.

Would they have qualified from our group this season, would we qualify from theirs
Napoli were in the same bloody group as us! and I honestly couldn't see us qualifying from any group tbh we are just truly awful in europe.

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
Caveman said:

Why not talk about how Malaga, PSG, Napoli (on top of my head) have all qualified in first time of asking. Napoli in particular have 2 players that could get in our team yet we got 1 point from 2 legs from them.

Would they have qualified from our group this season, would we qualify from theirs

That is a very good point.

How many CL groups in the competition's history have contained four domestic champions?

Not many, I'd wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.