Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Caveman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Did he have the squad which Mancini has, it is fucking embarrassing that we have not won a single group game.
Schmeichel Irwin Neville Ince Keane Scholes Kanchelskis Giggs Hughes Cantona Beckham all played for United over those five years.
He didn't spend 300 million though did he and at least he won a european trophy in the first 5 years of his reign while we've been knocked out with a wimper every european campaign since Mancini took over.
His 1992-93 league winning side was the most expensive assembly of players in English football history. £300 is just a similar inflation of that.

chesterbells said:
cookster said:
Caveman said:
Have a look at Ferguson's first five CL campaigns.

Have a look at Mourinho's, Klopp and Pep's

Absolutely.
I don't see what fergusons record from decades ago has got to do with anything. He's a complete irrelevance to our club.

The answer to the op is obvious:
If there was someone better available

Of course, always chase the next big thing and bollocks to any sort of stability. The perfect recipe for sustainable growth and success.

There is no point getting upset about the Champions League tonight.I dont expect Mancini to be sacked tommorow or next week.We had nothing to gain from tonights result

Davs 19 said:
chesterbells said:
cookster said:
Have a look at Mourinho's, Klopp and Pep's

Absolutely.
I don't see what fergusons record from decades ago has got to do with anything. He's a complete irrelevance to our club.

The answer to the op is obvious:
If there was someone better available

Of course, always chase the next big thing and bollocks to any sort of stability. The perfect recipe for sustainable growth and success.
Yep Arsenal doing great at the moment

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
Caveman said:

Why not talk about how Malaga, PSG, Napoli (on top of my head) have all qualified in first time of asking. Napoli in particular have 2 players that could get in our team yet we got 1 point from 2 legs from them.

Would they have qualified from our group this season, would we qualify from theirs

Impossible to say as fact. Anything can happen, Chelsea won the CL after all.

I see your point though.

Vienna_70 said:
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
Why not talk about how Malaga, PSG, Napoli (on top of my head) have all qualified in first time of asking. Napoli in particular have 2 players that could get in our team yet we got 1 point from 2 legs from them.

Would they have qualified from our group this season, would we qualify from theirs

That is a very good point.

How many CL groups in the competition's history have contained four domestic champions?

Not many, I'd wager.

That's why I think the competition is bit of a farce and I'm a bit lukewarm on it tbh ( not just sour grapes after tonight)

Bosno said:
2 points in group stage of Champions League. Didn't even make Europa League? Not making it to knockout stage two years in a row with that much money spent. I don't know any reason at all.
3. Drew the three home games.

baildon blue said:
There is no point getting upset about the Champions League tonight.I dont expect Mancini to be sacked tommorow or next week.We had nothing to gain from tonights result

Exactly!

If Mancini was going to be sacked, surely it would have been immediately after we'd been eliminated from this year's CL, rather than after the final group match.

B\connellblue said:
This time 3 years ago the majority on here didn't want that cnut hughes sacked. That didn't do us much harm now did it?

tell them ! because at the end of the day one and only one person will decide ( the owner ) and the players should take also the blame considering city it is not the end of the world just need to do more and especially target some real good players who have a fucking great pace and can press much

for the fan ! that's the today's football (even if im 24) it change quickly from zero to hero or the opposit in 1 month or even less

Caveman said:
cookster said:
5 Champ League campaigns, 1 QTR Final with Inter.

Just a thought....
Now this is very interesting.

The champions league started in 92.

92/93 Leeds qualified so doesn't count.
93/94 Out on Away Goals to Galatasary in 2nd round. Never qualified for champions league.

Now this is where you automatically qualify for the groups like you do now so surely this is where to compare.

94/95 First season in group stage finished 3rd.
95/96 Blackburn qualified so doesn't count.
96/97 2nd in group. Knocked out in Semi
97/98 1st in Group. Knocked out in Quarters
98/99 2nd in Group. Winners
99/00 1st in Group, 1st in Group, knocked out in quarters.

To recap Baconfaces first 5 seasons in CL group stage

1. 3rd
2. Semi
3. Quarter
4. Winner
5. Quarter

Ah the myth of 'it takes awhile to get used to the CL'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.