Why? What Agenda is the BBC Running?

BigJoe#1

sorry but I have to ask this question.

Why when referring to Trumps Travel ban, do the BBC and nearly every other British news outlets insist on saying "seven MAINLY MUSLIM countries"?

Why not seven countries? Or seven countries from Asia and Africa?

There are many other "mainly Muslim" countries that are free to travel to the USA, so why continually highlight and stress the fact that they are mainly Muslim?

Does my f**king head in every time I hear it. I think it is trying to cause a religious divide within society.

Hmm, I'm very far from right wing, but I'm not really seeing any agenda here, in referring to the countries majority religion they are speaking factually and putting the story in its correct context.

You could say "7 Asian countries all linked with terrorist activities"

Rather than putting the religious spin on it - and still being factually correct.

You could say "7 Asian countries all linked with terrorist activities"

Rather than putting the religious spin on it - and still being factually correct.
Except there are African countries affected too - meaning your statement wouldn't be accurate.

sorry but I have to ask this question.

Why when referring to Trumps Travel ban, do the BBC and nearly every other British news outlets insist on saying "seven MAINLY MUSLIM countries"?

Why not seven countries? Or seven countries from Asia and Africa?

There are many other "mainly Muslim" countries that are free to travel to the USA, so why continually highlight and stress the fact that they are mainly Muslim?

Does my f**king head in every time I hear it. I think it is trying to cause a religious divide within society.

Perhaps its because Trump referred to a ban on muslims during his election campaign?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.