WiFi speed

stony

My father in law is getting really shite speeds on his desktop. I've checked the speed using my phone connected to his WiFi and using his desktop. I get 17gb on the phone but only 1 on his pc. Any ideas why this is happening?

You could try a cable from the modem to the laptop and speed check that. If the speed is high then the WiFi adaptor may be faulty.

Alternatively, check the virus software he has. Some are very intrusive.

Is he using a usb wireless receiver or is it connected via ethernet?.
The usb wifi dongle's that are under a tenner are usually pretty dire for speeds. You can get online but don't expect anything close to decent speeds with them.

I will type of fb later hehe, saw you last night but was so wasted on tequila i could not type, i passed out with fb open and woke to it. Effing leaseweb network went awry last night fucking my streams at the worst possible time. Sometimes i think there is a god and he is a **** :-D

Built in WiFi thingy is about as much as I know. It's windows 10 which I have no clue about

Ok a built in card no matter how shit should do better. Is he far away from the router? maybe right click the icon for internet and click diagnose. It may just need a reset.

Ok a built in card no matter how shit should do better. Is he far away from the router? maybe right click the icon for internet and click diagnose. It may just need a reset.
I did a speed check with my phone next to his pc and got way faster speed,

It could be a hardware fault with the laptops wi fi ariel. Happened to mine. If it is you will need to get it replaced or repaired or use a dongle to bypass it.

I think it's spam using his bandwidth. Just downloaded malwayrebites and am running a check

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.