Wilfried Bony - Loan to Stoke

It was widely publicised at the time of Bony's signing that the majority of his salary was made up by appearance money

Let's hope so because, as far as I know, he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

We'll take one fcuk of a loss on this oaf. The fact we can spunk this sort of outlay without blinking is one reason why we're no longer well-liked outside M/cr.

Last edited:
It's worth remembering that as bad as this signing has been- many (but not all) on this board thought it was a good signing. We can all have degrees in hindsight but we'd do well to examine our comments when the signing was made. He scored a great goal against us that season and it really clouded our judgement.

It's worth remembering that as bad as this signing has been- many (but not all) on this board thought it was a good signing. We can all have degrees in hindsight but we'd do well to examine our comments when the signing was made. He scored a great goal against us that season and it really clouded our judgement.

Yes, he had been banging them in the previous season and was on his way to afcon when we signed him. He played well in that tournament! It was only when the game time with us was limited that the goals and form dried up. He needs to play every week.

I don't think he was that bad to be honest. The lad had malaria and lost his mother just before the season started, and still managed eight goals- three in the Champion's League, which isn't bad for a second string striker.

I don't think he was that bad to be honest. The lad had malaria and lost his mother just before the season started, and still managed eight goals- three in the Champion's League, which isn't bad for a second string striker.

I thought that passing of his Mum story was unfounded?

Thought it was a signing which made absolutely no sense at the time. As I remember it, we had a bit of striker shortage at the xmas period so end up fucking signing a striker who would be in bloody Africa the whole month. You have 20 odd million to spend, surely one of our scouts could have thought of a better option than Wilfred Bony.

Let's hope so because, as far as I know, he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

We'll take one fcuk of a loss on this oaf. The fact we can spunk this sort of outlay without blinking is one reason why we're no longer well-liked outside M/cr.
I just want to win some more trophies, fuck being 'well liked outside of Manchester'. Doing a pile of cash on players that didn't work out never got in the way of your namesake from Trafford and shouldn't get in the way of ours.

Think most of us were just a bit desperate to have someone other than Milner to play up front...

Like all our ex players or soon to be ex like Bony I wish him all the best at his next club.

The fact that Leslie and a Stoke team really struggling for goals doesn't see him as suitable for the club and he hasn't had much game time on loan says it all.

I think he will become a bit of a journeyman but his days of Premiership football have probably come to an end.

Chinese clubs and Marseille explored signing Wilfried Bony this winter, but he refused to go and wants to stay in the PL. [Foot Mercato]

West Ham, West Brom and Everton (as a replacement for Lukaku) all have an eye on Bony, with Galatasaray and Lyon also keen. [Foot Mercato]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.