Wilfried Bony

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MCFC1993, 7 Jul 2017.

1. sky_blue

sky_blue

I know, but the other guy said that it's about pride and all that stuff. My point is that that's not the case for every player. For some, it's just a job. They happened to be good at something and are making money off it, just like the rest of us. No place for pride and passion there.

2. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Yeh, I know he's just clearing up his own shit, but it'd still be impressive to get someone to handover £12m for Bony

3. Proy

Proy

A loan is better than them staying, though.

I agree it's incredibly difficult to move them permanently but I'd think Pep just want them gone, be it loan or sale.

4. bluetaco

bluetaco

If we can't I'm sure they can do a job in efl Cup or vs bottom league teams. Give big players a rest

5. MCFC_4Heatons

MCFC_4Heatons

Yes but we need at some point to make a stand against these sh*tty loan deals where we end up paying a large chunk of the wages. Think some players are taking the right royal piss out of us and will make zero effort to seal a permanent deal with the prospect of a wage cut. Time to call the bluff of some of these guys....

6. How?

7. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

When the big players get a rest we should be giving the younger lads a game, not Wilf

8. IOWBlue

IOWBlue

By not playing them and letting them rot. If they wont move permanently run the contract down doing nothing. We lose little as we would pay their loan deal anyway. This way though, other players will take the first deal that comes along when its time to sell them. ( unless theyve got wayne bridges dna )

9. cibaman

cibaman

When he signed for us it was reported that his basic salary was £100k pw. He negotiated a deal which paid him an extra £20k per appearance.

10. pardoeofftomexico

pardoeofftomexico

That won't happen because we are decent employers. In any event in most such cases where the player had done nothing wrong other than to fail to live up to expectations (e.g. Bony) the player would be entitled to terminate his contract and would have an action for a large settlement. Despite the ludicrously high salaries, footballers are still employees entitled to the benefit of employee legislation.