Will Arsenal Get The Same Response?

nashark said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
West Brom away, Carling Cup.

I knew some pedant would bring that up.

I would say the result against WBA was, for the management, desirable. And considering the players that were on the pitch, I don't think it should be included.

I think you'll struggle to find games where we've been worse than against United. Even Birmingham at home, we were much much better.

I fail to see how responding to a question on a forum that you posed makes me a pedant.

Any more conditions you'd like to unilaterally introduce when deciding the 'worst performance of the season'? ^

Perhaps in future if you 'know' someone is going to bring something up which you disagree with, try and anticipate it.

It stops people looking like pedants.

nashark said:
I knew some pedant would bring that up.

I would say the result against WBA was, for the management, desirable. And considering the players that were on the pitch, I don't think it should be included.

I think you'll struggle to find games where we've been worse than against United. Even Birmingham at home, we were much much better.

I fail to see how responding to a question on a forum that you posed makes me a pedant.

Any more conditions you'd like to unilaterally introduce when deciding the 'worst performance of the season'? ^

Perhaps in future if you 'know' someone is going to bring something up which you disagree with, try and anticipate it.

Fair enough.

I bet you didn't think too much of our performance against Bradford City behind closed doors, either.

nashark said:

Fair enough.

I bet you didn't think too much of our performance against Bradford City behind closed doors, either.

Don't know, must have been at the rugby or theatre that night.

Next game against arsenal we should give em hell with the booing. See how they like it. Hope one or two City fans have been on the gooners forums to stir up some shit.

nashark said:
inbetween said:
Unlucky? Barcelona tore them to shreds then they scored and that was a clear cut penalty, Messi should of had one in the first half too. Even if it wasn't a penalty the goal was coming they were completely camped in Arsenals box let alone half.

Arsenal's goal was a pot shot corner which came off a Barcelona player, i think Arsenal were lucky the score was only 3 tbh, Barcelona missed tons of chances, Arsenal failed to put one shot on goal.

I'm not arguing that Barcelona were not the better team until Van Persie got sent off. I'm saying that at 1-1, the situation become unfortunate for Arsenal through no fault of their own. They played brilliantly and Wenger got the tactics right.

Played brilliantly, as in being played off the park? Arsenal was very fortunate it even was 1-1, as Barca were denied 2 clear penalties as well. And lets not forget the fortune they had at the Emirates.

"Will Arsenal get the same response?"

Will they bollocks... and whats even more laughable is that Barcelona actually had more f*cking shots at their own goal than Arsenal!

And City never resorted to that disgraceful dirty diving crying kicking style of playing that Arsenal employed tonight.

nashark said:
To be fair to Wenger, he got his tactics spot on tonight.

It's sad to see a tie with such enormous potential ruined by your typical 'home side' referee.

Unlucky Arsenal.

Some Brum fan came on one of the phone ins last week and complained that the only thing Wenger had to say about the loss to Birmingham was that Arsenal were unlucky. No credit was given to Birmingham, and the fella said that when they play Barca in the second leg, whatever the result, Wenger would hail Barca as a team full of talent etc, ad nauseam. And sure enough, Arsene didn't disappoint.

I'm not a great fan of the 'swings and roundabouts' theory but Dick Van Miffy's sending off is definitely a swing coming back from the Ade match where he foulmouthed the SS, to hit 'im squarely in the mush! God's punishment!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
nashark said:
To be fair to Wenger, he got his tactics spot on tonight.

It's sad to see a tie with such enormous potential ruined by your typical 'home side' referee.

Unlucky Arsenal.

Some Brum fan came on one of the phone ins last week and complained that the only thing Wenger had to say about the loss to Birmingham was that Arsenal were unlucky. No credit was given to Birmingham, and the fella said that when they play Barca in the second leg, whatever the result, Wenger would hail Barca as a team full of talent etc, ad nauseam. And sure enough, Arsene didn't disappoint.

I'm not a great fan of the 'swings and roundabouts' theory but Dick Van Miffy's sending off is definitely a swing coming back from the Ade match where he foulmouthed the SS, to hit 'im squarely in the mush! God's punishment!
spot on also i wonder if fabregas thinks if arsenal had 15 players on the pitch wether or not it would have made any difference,we all remember their antics with the ref at eastlands to make sure the young boy boyata walked, god does work in mysterious ways?

Damocles said:
Freestyler said:
people need to look at it from their own point of view.

if city went there tonight and was a goal ahead, would you of moaned if mancini played an attacking teamand we got beat 4 or 5-0? course you would.

would you of tried to play to keep it 0-0 at HT, still in the lead and going through?

or would you go out, play a team which will get ripped apart and could be venerable at all times?

i remember some on here saying how well we defended at Arsenal and how class we were.

some people change, Arsenal do it despite already having a 1-0 LEAD going into the game, and now it's wrong?

No, I think Arsenal had the right tactics, just as we did against them and United.

My problem is the difference in media and fan perception.
The difference is barca is much better than us, we are not much better than you. We came up against the best team in the world by some distance and was leading 3-2 until we got a man sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.