Will China be able to take over the Premier League?

eversince 76

With the kind of money they are spending, yes they can. It's a matter of time before players skipp the PL for the money and go East.
Also if the Chinese or Asian people loose interest in the PL because the Chinese league has great players as well, a new TV deal would look very differently.

And don't say it'll never happen because than you are as blind as the ones who wouldn't believe where we are now when the Sheik took over. Not saying it will happen, but it definitely can.

Would you want to upsticks at the prime of your youth to live in China?
It will remain the province of oldies at career end and disillusioned players like Oscar who can't get a game here so jump for the money.

Imagine thinking Europeans would get a flight to China when we have powerhouses on our doorstep to watch. Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan - all beautiful cities with great football to offer.

I'll pass on the smog filled cities and Demba Ba.
Western Europe is in decline; China in the ascendancy. Who knows what the footballing landscape will be in a generation, or through what mediums football can and will be watched. Just because we can't see how it will happen, doesn't mean it isn't possible. Money and perseverance usually endure.

Imagine thinking Europeans would get a flight to China when we have powerhouses on our doorstep to watch. Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan - all beautiful cities with great football to offer.

I'll pass on the smog filled cities and Demba Ba.
The OP is speaking of the future so Demba Ba is irrelevant here. Oscar isn't exactly a terrible player, he could walk into a lot of teams in the biggest European leagues. He's not old either. Money talks. FWIW, I'm not actually convinced their league will overtake ours.

No chance.
Didn't the mls become more popular years ago (70s?) with Pele and best + others going there. People probably said the same then.
It's just a phase. We need to make the most of it with sales while we can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.