Will FIFA ever be ran for the good of the game?

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
So 2 people battling it out to be the top dog, yet both are 'dirty' as dog shit.

Mohamed bin Hammam – ready to clean up Fifa's double-dealing image by standing against Sepp in June. "Change is healthy. I want more transparency in Fifa." (August 2010: "Let me be very clear, I will not run against Sepp Blatter: I will be backing him to remain in office for a new mandate. He is my very good friend!")

• Last time Bin Hammam landed an election win: 2009 – securing his Fifa executive committee seat despite vice-president Chung idiot-joon telling the press how Bin Hammam represented "a serious lack of transparency, democracy and rule of law". "I am afraid that he behaves like a mentally ill man … A man who needs to be in a hospital, not in Fifa."

• But standing by Bin Hammam in 2009: Indonesia's FA president Nurdin Halid – twice allowed by Bin Hammam's Asian Football Confederation to run his FA from inside prison while serving time for embezzling humanitarian aid. Halid: "Mr Hammam has my full support. His vision is second to none!"

If the FIFA is filled with these sorts of people, I don't think it will have moral principles.

There's a third guy standing too, a sports journalist from the USA. I'm all for him, so long as he doesn't start saying that he thinks franchises, drafts and the removal of promotion and relegation are good ideas...which I fear he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.