Will it be your best moment?

And I’ve just married Margot Robbie and Rita Ora. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, it’s the ride of your life.

the foundations are being set for this club to remain at the top for a very long time post pep, i really think times like pearce and the like are confined to the history books

the foundations are being set for this club to remain at the top for a very long time post pep, i really think times like pearce and the like are confined to the history books
It will be very interesting this summer to see the squad develop even more. The likes of yaya and bravo out, Foden and Diaz developing, two or three young new exciting signings and this squad is one of the youngest in the league and streaks ahead. Like you say, the foundations on and off the pitch are layed for long term success.

Best moment that 2012 season, for me at least, wasn’t Aguero but Kompany’s header against them. That was the night I’d dreamt about for years. Them turning up at our place and running and hiding with no shots on target. That was the night we won that title, and that night was the first time I’d ever seen them run away from city, under Ferguson at least. They came for a point and went away with their tails well and truly between their legs. What a night that was. Beating them on Saturday will be lovely but, in terms of impact, of not worrying about playing them anymore, that night on the 30th April will take a lot of beating.

this all day long

Nothing can eclipse the Aguero moment just for the sheer spontaneity of the moment. Other moments were special like Yaya’s goal at Wembley and of course Vinnie’s winner against the rags. Winning the league against the rags will be special but I’m expecting us to win the game so it won’t be an outpouring of emotion like 93.20 was!

No.

Nothing will ever beat 93:20 on 13/5/12.

The whole stadium - and I include the QPR supporters in this - went through every emotion imaginable on that - finally - wonderful afternoon.

We had our 2 1/2 year-old grandson with us, and though I kept smiling at him, when I felt like crying, I’m sure he could sense the despair as the minutes at 1-2.

After the final whistle, Mrs Vienna took a photo of him with his arm grasping the back of his neck and a very pensive look on his face, as if he was trying to work out what the fuck had just happened.

If we win the derby, and thus the title, it will be the culmination of what we have been expecting (and hoping) for at least a few weeks now.

To beat the rags and win the League on the same day will be great, but nowhere near to the Agüeroooooooooo! moment.
Love it.
Can't believe the emotions of that game & that goal will ever be surpassed.
It will also kill them to think that a couple of games against Liverpool are more important to us than winning a derby to sew up the title.
How times have changed

In 30 years time, old blues talking.
" And what is your favourite memory?"
" No question. 93.20"
" What about beating the rags to take the title in 2018?"
"Nah, we were nailed on for that title. Rags were pure shite. 93.20 was the most dramatic moment in the history of the old premier league."
"OK, and what is your favourite win in the Pan European League?"
" Easy. Beating Real at their place to take the crown. And Tommy Doyle, rolling back to years to score the winner."

nothing could come close the 93.20 ever. this is almost a dead rubber match, we have all but won the league and the focus has gone to Liverpool game as being a priority.

To comment before the game is tricky, but if we are trailing with say five minutes to go and we score twice, the winner via a Kompany header in the last seconds, I reckon we would go pretty mental.

I can't imagine any moment in a game eclipsing the total euphoria of those few minutes after 93-20. Those few moments were absolutely magical, grown men jumping up and down crying and hugging in the realisation that we'd finally done it. Then after what seemed a lifetime back to the pub to find all the armchair supporting scum (fans) had f*cked off.
Out of thousands of great moments watching the Blues in 60yrs that was and is the pinnacle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.