Will the Golden Goose keep laying... (TV rights)

a_generic_10_uk_noto_email_v2016_uk-main._CB532366941_.png

the internet will take over and make the tv deals look silly money in the next 5 to 10 years

the internet will take over and make the tv deals look silly money in the next 5 to 10 years
Yes but in which direction? Could be inflationary or deflationary depending on how commercially successful any iptv deals are. A perfect example is that I won't pay the money for Sky and BT for a wide selection of games from various teams but I'd quite happily take a more selective package of just City games on iptv at a lower price if all our games were broadcast.

They have secured less matches with this deal, so the chance is there for a 3rd party to enter the fray.

Yes but in which direction? Could be inflationary or deflationary depending on how commercially successful any iptv deals are. A perfect example is that I won't pay the money for Sky and BT for a wide selection of games from various teams but I'd quite happily take a more selective package of just City games on iptv at a lower price if all our games were broadcast.

The collective of Premier League teams will probably try to stop that from happening, as the obvious downside would be the rags, Liverpool etc (& us nowardays tbf) would have millions of viewers whilst everyone including Everton, would only get viewers when playing one of them.

The collective of Premier League teams will probably try to stop that from happening, as the obvious downside would be the rags, Liverpool etc (& us nowardays tbf) would have millions of viewers whilst everyone including Everton, would only get viewers when playing one of them.
You can still pay the money collectively through league placing and bar a small number who'll watch any game that's exactly what happens now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.