Will The Summer Transfer Window Break Last Summer's Amount Spent?

Malty

Over the last years the summer transfer window constantly outdoes itself in terms of amount spent, do you expect it to continue to break last summer's transfer amount spent total with the new TV deal? or do you see it not managing to do it for the first time in years?

Ask me on 1st September. Although I'd say yes, as Liverpool having a tighter budget should be balanced out by our having the shackles taken off and club revenues grow year on year.

I think so. Chelsea probably the same. Same for Arsenal. United will spend huge again and we will probably spend more than them.

xie-soccer-premier-league-2014.jpg.pagespeed.ic.KIqjrgxO_t.jpg

From Deloitte.

I just hope the league gets value for money this time around.

Nearly a billion was spent last summer and not many clubs came out of it with value for money in my opinion.

I do think that billion mark could be broken this summer, but even we have shown with the likes of Vinny, Zaba that you don't have to spend a lot to get world class quality.

I think scouting is becoming a dying art in England and hopefully it changes soon.

I think we will spend more than we did last season. IF we sign 3 of our main targets that be pushing 60 to 80 million if we arer lucky if not it will be closer to 100 million. I think the rags will go mad again and spend the most no FFP for those fuckers to worry about they could well of spent close to 300 million in 2 seasons and there still no where near the title.

Out of the top 6 only Arsenal and Chelsea made very good transfers last season

Sanchez
Fabregas
Costa

I would say that West Ham (Creswell and Valencia), Swansea (Sigurdson, Gomis and Fabianski), Everton (Lukaku), Southampton (Foster, Bertrand, Tadic, Pelle) did well and got good value.

The biggest losers for me were Liverpool, United and Hull!

Looking back at our transfers I think our business was OK
Mangala - good signing
Fernando - good signing
Lampard - good signing as just loan
Caballero - poor signing as takes one of the foreign spots and a Home Grown option would make more sense
Sagna - poor signing
Zucchini - unsure

A billion spent this summer is not looking likely right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.