Will Virgin Media wreck my house?!

Harvster

Now, here's a jolly boring situation, soz

Got Sky, paying a fortune, got BT, paying too much for that as well

Moved into bungalow not long ago, keep on getting fliers from Virgin Media saying our road is all set up for their purposes

Internet connection with Sky is shocking in half of the house

Don't think our bungalow has ever had Virgin Media before; presumably their internet would be miles better?

Virgin Media much cheaper, but wife is objecting as she reckons house and garden get wrecked when they set it up

Is wifey correct, or can she not tell hay from a bull's foot?

Moved into bungalow not long ago, keep on getting fliers from Virgin Media saying our road is all set up for their purposes

Don't think our bungalow has ever had Virgin Media before; presumably their internet would be miles better?

Virgin Media much cheaper, but wife is objecting as she reckons house and garden get wrecked when they set it up

Smash your windows one by one until she gives in. If you have a spare room, letting it out free to crack addicts is also worth consideration.

They didn't wreck my garden all you can see on the outside is a brown box screwed to the wall.

I work for said company and all installation engineers are butchers...your house will be fine if you like the odd brick missing here and there....nowt to worry about

G-17713FF9.3-11.jpeg
Mine was fine.

A picture of your good lady would help us in assessing the situation and, er, come to a conclusion as to what would be the best option for you.

I worked for them and most properties are easy but there are cowboys in every profession.
From the cap outside on the pavement they should dig down a foot behind your garden wall or bush then drill through into the hole. Then split the lawn with a spade or dig a trench through soil, also a foot down, and encase the cable in a conduit to protect the cable. If it's a flag they will either lift it or grind out the mortar to tuck the cable in the gap and reinstate the cement. They usually put the external box behind where the tv is, drill through and run tv phone and internet feed from there under the edge of the carpet or stapled to the skirting or if you prefer run external cables to behind where the tv, phone and internet positions are.

My daughter just moved and got Virgin in 'cos Rag son-in-law needs 100mb speed or some such, and I was left to vac the brick dust off the skirting board when he'd gone. I bet Branson ain't got brick dust on the skirting boards in his Mustique villa, or does Branson not have owt to do with Virgin Media these days? I fancy he might be too busy launching rockets into space!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.