Will Virgin Media wreck my house?!

I work for said company and all installation engineers are butchers...your house will be fine if you like the odd brick missing here and there....nowt to worry about

Do you know why there is a problem with On Demand service with VM at present,not worked for over a month now,message comes up with V202 ?

My Daughter has Virgin and apart from the telly being awkward the internet is intermittent and has been for at least 12 months.

Virgin are quick and methodical, it does mean they don't take as much care as they probably should. You will be ok if you speak to them and give them clear guidelines however if you don't you might have a little moan about their methods. But they will put it right in my experience.

Virgins are quick and methodical, it does mean they don't take as much care as they probably should. You will be ok if you speak to them and give them clear guidelines however if you don't you might have a little moan about their methods.

kennethwilliams.jpg

I worked for them and most properties are easy but there are cowboys in every profession.
From the cap outside on the pavement they should dig down a foot behind your garden wall or bush then drill through into the hole. Then split the lawn with a spade or dig a trench through soil, also a foot down, and encase the cable in a conduit to protect the cable. If it's a flag they will either lift it or grind out the mortar to tuck the cable in the gap and reinstate the cement. They usually put the external box behind where the tv is, drill through and run tv phone and internet feed from there under the edge of the carpet or stapled to the skirting or if you prefer run external cables to behind where the tv, phone and internet positions are.

A foot down you say, or as in my garden, just below the grass and no conduit. It was fun watching them trying to drill engineering bricks in a previous house. Busy burning out cheap and nasty drill bits.
I also worked in the industry for Nynex, install engineers, more like butchers.

A foot down you say, or as in my garden, just below the grass and no conduit. It was fun watching them trying to drill engineering bricks in a previous house. Busy burning out cheap and nasty drill bits.
I also worked in the industry for Nynex, install engineers, more like butchers.

I did too, then NTL as well.
Worked for a sub so as your were paid per job and at a paltry rate as well there are those that knocked the difficult jobs cos even if it took all day it was £13 for a tv and phone install! You had to do 5 of them a day to make anything half approaching a wage. I remember one day I earnt £3 because of a huge nightmare phone extension!
It was no wonder people threw the installs in.
I think it's all in house now so I'd hope the money is somewhat better and therefore the quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.