Will We Do Business in the Winter Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these talks about Pep needing better players is strange to me. Pelegrini didn't get such leeway. Folks just blamed him for every Ill. His firing was supposed to make us better. Apparently he must have been doing well if Pep can't do any better with 100 million added to what Pelegrini had :(
Pellegrini was a caretaker manager for 3 years

All these talks about Pep needing better players is strange to me. Pelegrini didn't get such leeway. Folks just blamed him for every Ill. His firing was supposed to make us better. Apparently he must have been doing well if Pep can't do any better with 100 million added to what Pelegrini had :(

tbf Pep has inherited some players that are past their peak/on the slide. However he pissed money away on Bravo when we were desperate for a left-back ... BiG MISTAKE

Are you suggesting we should have offered a 2 year deal and let them leave because they can get a 5 year deal elsewhere ?
Eh, I'm saying that if we sign 27 yr olds and give them long contracts it's blatantly obvious that they need replacing after 3 yrs or so, which we haven't and currently aren't

In fairness to Pep, he's been tasked with rebuilding the team. It's old and there are still some signings that were only made as gap fillers. It doesn;t matter how much money you have to spend, it isn't FIFA17, you can't buy somebody who isn't for sale. It's going to take time.

Bravo wouldn't have been his first choice, he knows him and he's done a job for him before so you can understand why he brought him in. Obviously with hindsight he would have been better sticking with Joe... he probably wishes he had. My beef with Pep is that, knowing he hasn't got 'his' team, knowing they are a combination of old fuckers and/or inexperienced in playing his style of football, why persist. Why not adapt to the players he;s got and then build the team and move back to his way.

it would be a shock for me if we do not sign 1-2 players, and very disapointing.
Wouldn't surprise me at all, we will have our targets for the positions we all know that need filling with players that will be good enough to stay for a few years and win things. We won't be filling the squad up with stop gaps just for the sake of the second half of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.