Will We Do Business in the Winter Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All what we need is Pep to tell Clichy that he needs to stop opponents from crossing the ball from his side easily.
He has never done it so he is not going to start now,shocking yesterday as he could have got to it ahead of walker or stuck his foot in to try and get it off him

we say this every season, always ends up being bit of tweaking.

yeah but we are sorted on the attacking front with what we have now plus the loanees.

Some of the big earners will leave..Yaya, Kolarov, Clichy Zabba will all probably go (and possibly more)

Its obvious Pep needs better fullback.....we could get away with keeping sagna if worst came to worst but the rest just aren't good enough (or just too old in zabba's case)

No way will he also go without another centre half.......even If company gets fit, Ottomendi makes too many mistakes and is too erratic.

At the very least we should see a couple of fullbacks.

Can't see it happening in January but would really like us to strengthen our back line. Could see 2 or 3 of the wing backs leaving (with Sagna staying and Zabba potentially staying) which would free up some wages. Would also like to see another centre half coming in to give Stones some rest at the back and with Kompany's constant injury frustrations I can't imagine him being a viable long term option. Could be interesting to see what Pep chooses to do with Denayer at the end of his loan spell.

Think the club did right in not panicking and keeping it for the summer when we could go for our main targets...It's important to remember 1 in would also mean 1 out, plus we have Yays to squeeze in the CL squad (although Ilkay probably makes way).

The only 1 I thought would have been Van Dijk, but it seems we did explore and for whatever reason it did not go any further.

The summer will be huge defensively, a keeper, 2 full backs, 2 centre backs, 1 pivot for me. Plus a couple of players to add quality depth to the squad

Paying over the odds in January may still be worth it if it secures a Champion's League place.

I agree with this in principle, but it'd have to be for a player who is genuinely better than what we have, and will be part of the first XI for the next 2 or 3 seasons at least. Either go absolutely balls out and sign Alaba or Rose or Bertrand, or wait till summer and try to get someone that level.

When you see van Arnholt going to Palace for £12m, you know it's a seller's market. He's worse than any of our current full backs!

I agree with this in principle, but it'd have to be for a player who is genuinely better than what we have, and will be part of the first XI for the next 2 or 3 seasons at least. Either go absolutely balls out and sign Alaba or Rose or Bertrand, or wait till summer and try to get someone that level.

When you see van Arnholt going to Palace for £12m, you know it's a seller's market. He's worse than any of our current full backs!

It must be a clear upgrade of course, so we can attribute the purchase to the securing of the CL, but even if they're only a squad player afterward securing top 4 will be worth it IMO.

First and foremost is of course the revenue from the CL itself, but then imagine not making CL and then having to pay over the odds to acquire the main targets in summer to come to a team without CL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.