Will We Do Business in the Winter Window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the club did right in not panicking and keeping it for the summer when we could go for our main targets...It's important to remember 1 in would also mean 1 out, plus we have Yays to squeeze in the CL squad (although Ilkay probably makes way).

The only 1 I thought would have been Van Dijk, but it seems we did explore and for whatever reason it did not go any further.

The summer will be huge defensively, a keeper, 2 full backs, 2 centre backs, 1 pivot for me. Plus a couple of players to add quality depth to the squad
Please no more "career squadies", e.g the likes of Navas or Nolito or Delph. :-(

If we have a star studded 16 or so then the other 10 can be players we already have in the academy or out on loan (Zinchenko, Roberts, Mooy for example).

WANTED:
3 new star studded full backs
2 new star studded central defenders
2 new star studded central midfielders
1 star studded goalkeeper (unbelievably).

That's a hell of a lot of dosh ... so I'm not very confident we'll replace what we need to replace and we'll suffer next season too (hopefully not as bad as early though).

Please no more "career squadies", e.g the likes of Navas or Nolito or Delph. :-(

If we have a star studded 16 or so then the other 10 can be players we already have in the academy or out on loan (Zinchenko, Roberts, Mooy for example).

WANTED:
3 new star studded full backs
2 new star studded central defenders
2 new star studded central midfielders
1 star studded goalkeeper (unbelievably).

That's a hell of a lot of dosh ... so I'm not very confident we'll replace what we need to replace and we'll suffer next season too (hopefully not as bad as early though).
2 full backs yes, goalie yes, but think we need only 1 central mid, and 1 central defence. 4 players to make us an exceptional team. How good those players are will presumably depend on whether we get too 4 or not (I am talking summer not winter)

Looks like the answer to the OP is a resounding NO!
However we know City now play their cards incredibly close to their chest but the caliber of player we are usually interested in always create a lot of media noise in transfer windows.

Due to our last few purchases being really protracted. I wouldn't be surprised if deals in the future are not finalised and publicised till the very last days of the transfer window. A sort of two days to go, here's our offer, take it or leave it policy. Once we have a reputation for this type of approach, future purchases should proceed much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.