Will we ever sign another ......

bluemoonste

surprise genius package ....

Ali Benarbia ...Ali who ? .... a wizard !!!

Georgia Kinkladze ..... "swinging from the rafters"

I know these players were known in their own countries but we got them under the radar and they lit up MCFC and surprised everyone.

I'm convinced these types of players still exist but where are they and does the media spoil the surprise now ?

Yassine Chikhaoui

for a gamble and cheeky punt this the fella,been discribed has the Tunisian Zidanne.
been injured for most of this season but i think he`s back playing now.
check him out on youtube.

sky tot said:
Yassine Chikhaoui

for a gamble and cheeky punt this the fella,been discribed has the Tunisian Zidanne.
been injured for most of this season but i think he`s back playing now.
check him out on youtube.

Yeah but Djamel Abdoun was meant to be the French Tranny or something wasn't he? What happened to him? Anyone know?

Simple answer is NO

why.....internet fan forums, you tube, TV coverage, etc

nickson71 said:
Simple answer is NO

why.....internet fan forums, you tube, TV coverage, etc

Well that's stuffed that discussion then !!! ..... what about Nepal or Mongolia ?

Seriously tho' there's a young striker at River Plate whose name escapes me and he supposed to be sh*t hot !!!

Bernarbia was an odd one really, he clearly had talent, as anyone who witnessed his magic could easily testify, but when he signed for us he was 34 or 35 and the signing therefore seemed to be another journeyman/come for a payday type. Normally "under the radar" players are young, maybe he just suited the English game but I could never understand how this player, before he came, played exclusively in the French league which most will accept is inferior to the Prem and with the exeption of some teams inferior even to our second division, and seemingly never shone for the clubs. Yet for City he excelled.

As regards to these "under the radar" players, as someone else alluded to, they simply don't exist (at least in eruope anyway) due to such blanket coverage of worldwide football that we get now. A few years back the likes of Aguero/Benzema/Ben Arfa/Nasri and Diego to name a few would have fallen into this category but not now as all the leagues they play/played in are now covered, and as such we know what they are capable of. Maybe they can still be found in Asia or Africa but certainly not in Europe anymore.

with regard to ali, saying he never shone in france is not actually rght, i think i read somewhere that he was twice french footballer of the year. I think no english or italians wanted him cos he was to physically small, and it was thouight he would not hack the toughness of our leagues. as he got older, he became wiser and tougher and thats why he worked so well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.