William Carvalho

Every time I have watched him for Portugal he has looked incredibly slow and that may be why Premier League clubs haven't taken the gamble yet. He is very physical but he is not even close to Pogba's talent level from what I've seen.
He's not slow as such, he just has a Yaya like awkwardness when it comes to moving, that makes him look like he's finding running incredibly hard work. He can actually move pretty rapidly once he gets into his stride, he just prefers to saunter around and make it look like he's not really trying. He has the most casual passing style I can think of, but his passing range is much better than most holding players, it just looks half arsed due to his style.

He's nothing like Pogba anyway, as he's a holding midfielder not a box to box player. He might make one or two rampages forward a game, but it's not his game at all. He'd be more of a replacement for Barcelona era Yaya than City era Yaya.

He's had a poor season though, not been anywhere near the level he was at last year. His head was turned and he expected to move last summer, but Sporting set the price too high and he ended up looking disinterested for the first few months of the season and then struggled to get back up to speed (not unlike Yaya for us)

not that good.
City need to start finding Dinho replacement.
he's aging and won't play every game with intensity any longer.
need to find someone which is proven and establish in his position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.