William Carvalho

Yeach I've mentioned the same problem with lack of a physical presence in the pivot role on here before, it's a problem that's become pretty evident. Don't think Carvalho is the player to solve it though, I've been disappointed whenever I've seen him on the bigger stage.
It's a weird one as he has played badly in long patches and brilliantly in long patches, played great in some big games but looked a bit lost for the Portugal NT at times. I think he's a bit of a confidence player tbh as different managers have manager to get vastly different performances out of him. Personally, I've always thought he was more suited to managers who let him express himself a bit more as that's when he's at his best, as a pure holding midfielder he's a bit wasted. It's a tough one as he clearly has all the attributes and is capable of being the perfect player for us, but he's been inconsistent so it would be a gamble.

We definitely need someone with that blend of physicality, defensive solidity and controlling passing ability though and there aren't many about. Not seen enough of NZonzi this year to know what his passing it like but I remember him definitely ticking the physical boxes, he'd struggle to stay on the pitch playing for us if he's still anything like he was as Blackburn and Stoke!

Just cannot get exited about this man,
Every time I have seen him play he looks cumbersome and awkward
Just the total opposite of what we need and seem to want to attract in the Pivot role nowadays
He is a younger, less athletic Matic, with nowhere near the technical capacity he has
I think he would have been very bloody good in Mancini's side, where we were excellent at soaking up pressure and getting behind the ball in big away games

Hopefully this is just a rumour for me, as I don't fancy it, rather have Ricardo Carvalho and hes 49

N'Zonzi is another good choice Carvalho still needs a bit of work but is younger and seems more adaptable to Pep's methods. To me he is closer to Yaya's abilities,

This one won't go away will it?

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT

Monday, February 6, 2017

Manchester City are reportedly planning a summer move for highly-rated Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho.

The Portugal star, who impressed with a series of fine performances at Euro 2016, has been linked with a big-money move to the Premier League for years now.

Everton reportedly failed with an approach for the 24-year-old in the summer, while he has also been heavily linked with Arsenal as well as their London rivals Chelsea.

But now, according to reports in Spain, City are ready to join the battle.

Manager Pep Guardiola is said to be a huge fan of Carvalho and believes he could add some strength to his midfield.

However, the Sporting star will not come cheap, with his release-clause currently standing at £35million.

Could we offload Mangala for what we paid for him and just bank the additional 10 million as well?

He's known as the Tank!! Says it all really, very strong but average at best with the ball and not a Pep player in my eyes be supprised if this one happens

This one won't go away will it?

By talkSPORT - @talkSPORT

Monday, February 6, 2017

Manchester City are reportedly planning a summer move for highly-rated Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho.

The Portugal star, who impressed with a series of fine performances at Euro 2016, has been linked with a big-money move to the Premier League for years now.

Everton reportedly failed with an approach for the 24-year-old in the summer, while he has also been heavily linked with Arsenal as well as their London rivals Chelsea.

But now, according to reports in Spain, City are ready to join the battle.

Manager Pep Guardiola is said to be a huge fan of Carvalho and believes he could add some strength to his midfield.

However, the Sporting star will not come cheap, with his release-clause currently standing at £35million.

Could we offload Mangala for what we paid for him and just bank the additional 10 million as well?
Stopped reading at talksport

Carvalho fits the role that Guardiola has asked of Fernandinho first half of season a fluid DM/CB role. He will sit deep has a good range of passing like Fernandinho but admittedly not the same engine. Carvalho will hold his position and do a good role of protecting the CB's ala De Jong who also never got MofM awards but played a big role.
Defensive Mids get a raw deal for appreciation. Sign him I would say but don't overpay. If this happens Fernando can go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.