Willy Caballero leaves. Thank you Willy and good luck.

More than solid, more than reliable as a No1. Could have stayed as number 2. Hopefully we sort this keeper situation out because unless we do we aren't winning anything. It's the only thing getting in our way

Disappointed Willy is leaving us if I am honest, I can understand the reasons and situation but he's done us proud.

Lets be honest, he was pretty awful prior to the Cup Final, The Chelsea Cup game & Spurs Away are 2 that spring to mind, nobody wanted him anywhere near the team. The Cup Final changed all that, his confidence grew as did ours in him & the back end of last season & this season he was a different keeper.

His distribution was always a plus point for Pep keeping him on over Hart (though i accept that decision had already been made). Didn't deserve to be taken out of the team after Pep dropped Bravo, had done nothing wrong in that spell & finished the season really well (good save at Watford at the start of the second half)

Always seemed like a really nice guy & never caused any issues (as have all 5 players we have released, Zaba, Clichy, Sagna, Navas & Willy which shows the type of characters we go for), he will forever be a cult hero, will get a a great reception when he no doubts appears at City Square before a game or 2 in years down the line & i hope he gets a good contract/Team sorted....

Cheers Willy

It's obvious that on this seasons form Willy is a better keeper than Bravo , contract or not contract its Bravo who should have been shown the door because i do not see him improving his shot stopping ability is dire and he doesnt command his area ,it would be nice to see Pep hold his hands up and say he was wrong about Joe , but i think Joe's fall out with Pep is about more than playing ability . Its ridiculous we have Englands No.1 keeper and we are desperate for a quality keeper with plenty of european and top level experience and yet we are trying to off load him , probably the biggest mistake Pep has made this season good keepers are worth as much as 20 points a season , Bravo has cost us points.

Thanks Willy.

Bravo is the number 1, always was in Peps eyes.

I'll bet my last dollar that Claudio stays

And this is the arrogance & stupidity of Pep that will ultimately be his undoing in the PL.
Bravo is simply not good enough and in reality is a serious liability to the team.
You reap what you sow...

I can understand most of the difficulties that faced Pep in his first season. The main one being his insistance on playing his way but aknowledging that he didnt have the right players for this in every position. He wants to play the right way which is fine with me but does indicate a level of some stubbornness. However, his sticking with Bravo is stubborn on another scale. He bought Bravo on his knowledge of him and his record. After several games it was obvious that Bravo wasn't the Bravo he knew. If a striker stops scoring goals its normal to drop them and give them time to get back their sharpness etc. He refused to do that until it was almost too late. We need a keeper before August or it will cost us a fortune once the season starts.

Always saw parallels with Demichelis: came to a new league and with a good reputation; started woefully and was hugely criticised; then puts in a huge performance in a big game that proved to be a turnaround; ends up going on to be a key player.

Our performances and results were much better with him in nets rather than Bravo. That was there for all to see. I supported the decision to ship out Hart (convinced it had nothing to do with 'football reasons') but I disagree with letting Willy go. People have said he made for a good back-up but I think he did more than enough to earn a first team place for next season.

I agree . Pep has made a 'rod for his own back' in signing Juliet and giving him a 5 year contract. No way would Wully stay if Pep doesn't consider him as No.1
keeper. - out of contract , I believe.
Gunn has a long way to go - in Peps eyes to usurp Juliet.

Who have we got left to 'get rid'..?
Nasri , Bony ,Mangala , .....Denayer , and Roberts at Celtic ?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.