Windows 10 Free roll-out from 29/07/2015.

Squelch

I thought I'd start this thread for shared input from some of the technical bods on here. I did a quick search and couldn't spot a similar thread. I hope we can use this for discussions and to post tips, and links.

I've checked out my family's equipment (fnarr fnarr) and also at two non-profit organisations where I help out, to ensure the computers match the specs for the upgrade and have requested the free upgrade for those computers.

We've only got a couple of weeks before the roll out starts so feel free to post on here.

I'm going to wait, I assume 10 will be covered by my volume license agreement, so don't feel the need to rush into it, I'll pick it up after I read people's impressions and they've patched any major issues that might arise.

I'm going to wait, I assume 10 will be covered by my volume license agreement, so don't feel the need to rush into it, I'll pick it up after I read people's impressions and they've patched any major issues that might arise.

Yeah that seems sensible. Really want to upgrade but constant updating/potential issues are a turn off. A few weeks perhaps.

Weirdly enough I'm looking forward to Cortana more than anything, have a wireless headset... I want to be able to command her from my kitchen >; )

I haven't heard from my other software companies stating whether they have versions of their software that is compatible with Windows 10 yet. If you do hear of any making that claim, could you please post here? Thanks.

ive had a pre build beta version installed for sometime and although its not the RTM I am surprised at how nice it works
the free version being offered will over write your current setup so it wont be a squeaky clean fresh install as far as I know
if I read it correct you have till july 29th 2016 to install after that you will have to pay
I would leave it 6 months then install

When you've downloaded Windows 10 you may find that some of the other software you have installed on your computer might not now be compatible with Windows 10. If you want to update your Freeware (Free Software) programs, a tip I use is to use a website called Ninite (www.ninite.com), this website will allow you to download multiple programs in one go. It also checks what operating system you have installed and then downloads the appropriate version (i.e. compatible with Windows 10). Be careful that you don't pick too many programs to download - for example you should never install more than one anti-virus program on your computer as this dramatically slows down the computer. Hope this helps.

I "upgraded" a few weeks ago. Since then I keep losing my internet connection (I'm not having this problem with other devices that are still on windows 8 so dont think its an internet connection problem)

I also havent been able to watch any football on Sky or BT. I can connect to the websites but cant watch more than a few seconds before it starts buffering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.