Windows 10

If she's got Windows 8 rather than Win8.1 then she has to upgrade to Win8.1 first. I'm certainly going for it but then again I'm a bit of a gamer and DirectX 12 is too important not too.
I can't see why anyone wouldn't take a free upgrade to the latest OS which will be supported after the others have been abandoned.

I for one went back to Windows 7 after trying Windows 8, even though my copy was "free" ;)
Sure I'm not the only one too. It'll take a lot to better Windows 7.

I can't stress this enough, never switch to a new version of Windows until at least service pack 2.
Stick with 7 for at least another year.

This is very much true, although it might be an idea to register for the free download though, this is what I have done but I wont install it straight away. There doesnt seem to be a time limit on when you have to install it by it even says to install when it is convenient to you.

I quite like windows8.1 tbh.

It's alright if you have a touchscreen PC/ tablet. Oherwise it's a pain to use. Much more fiddly than 7, and was obviously made for tablets with laptops/ PCs as an afterthought. 8.1 remedied that somewhat, but was nowhere near as usable for mouse and keyboard users as previous versions.

Hopefully 10 will fix that!

I can't stress this enough, never switch to a new version of Windows until at least service pack 2.
Stick with 7 for at least another year.

...when you will have to pay for W10.
It 's free as an upgrade for the first year only.

I for one went back to Windows 7 after trying Windows 8, even though my copy was "free" ;)
Sure I'm not the only one too. It'll take a lot to better Windows 7.
Agree. Any new hardware I purchase now has to have 7Pro or at least a downgrade option. Not tried 10 at all, anyone know what it's like in a server environment?

Stick with 7(Windows at it's peak IMO). Another thing to think about is whether such & such will work with it. You still get that now with windows 8.

I quite like windows8.1 tbh.

It's alright if you have a touchscreen PC/ tablet. Oherwise it's a pain to use. Much more fiddly than 7, and was obviously made for tablets with laptops/ PCs as an afterthought. 8.1 remedied that somewhat, but was nowhere near as usable for mouse and keyboard users as previous versions.

Hopefully 10 will fix that!
I jumped from Vista to Win8.1 when I built my new PC (desktop, not touchscreen) and absolutely love it, I'll miss the Metro interface when Win10 comes out TBH.

In answer to some of the previous posts, Win10 will be available as a free permanent upgrade from Win7, Win8 (you need to upgrade to Win8.1 first) and Win8.1 for a 12 month period from launch. Whether you can download it and install after this date nobody knows.

I'll stick with Windows 7.

All I want to do is browse the internet, use email, store documents and use a word processor and a spread sheet, and those tasks have remained largely the same for about 20 years on all versions of Windows.

New versions of Windows never offer me any advantages, and there is always some faffing around to be done to see where the nerds have moved familiar functions for no good reason at all and getting printers to work properly again.

Got around to installing build 10041 today as it was on my todo list. They fixed an annoying issue onthe keyboard where the Num Lock light wouldn't turn on, and have updated the UI and Start Menu sorting.

Couldn't help but notice you have Unity there Damo, are you modding Hatred to switch the Civ's for rags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.