Windows 10

Think I'll stick with 7. Eventually changed from XP a couple of years ago, once it was getting close to being unsupported. Didn't like the look of 8, and hadn't read good things about it. May end up giving 10 a whirl on a separate partition, as long as it features on Pirate Bay.

Agree that XP was the best, most reliable Windows platform. We have had to move to Windows 7 because of MS being shits and not supporting XP any more. IMO Windows 7 has faults (fucks about doing it's own thing for ever and a day and is dog slow when doing this) and bugs show up in third party software that weren't there under XP. However, our customers want Windows.

Personally, I got so fucked off with it I started looking at other stuff. I now use Linux Mint 17 (Quiana) which is totally free and so is all the associated software (fuck MS Office for God knows how much they charge now for a package that is now so 'clever' it's unusable). Installed it on a 10 year old Dell laptop and it installed like a dream (no driver problems). Runs great, Linux so no security issues, typing from it right now.

Couldn't help but notice you have Unity there Damo, are you modding Hatred to switch the Civ's for rags?

Ive been making little games for years as a bit of fun and sometimes side income. Just smaller things built around a single mechanic.

One day I am going to make the worlds best DoF Simulator and make millions. Probably the day right after I replace that broken bulb in my fridge

I jumped from Vista to Win8.1 when I built my new PC (desktop, not touchscreen) and absolutely love it, I'll miss the Metro interface when Win10 comes out TBH.

In answer to some of the previous posts, Win10 will be available as a free permanent upgrade from Win7, Win8 (you need to upgrade to Win8.1 first) and Win8.1 for a 12 month period from launch. Whether you can download it and install after this date nobody knows.

The Metro UI was a nice idea in principle, and looked good, as long as you only had apps from the store. Once you started adding your own that didn't look the same, it was an absolute mess though. There should have been the option for vertical pages for use with a mouse wheel instead of just horizontal.

Never used 8.1, I went back to 7 after a fortnight of forcing myself to use 8. 10 looks good though, combines the best bits of both very well from what I've seen. It's essentially what 8 SHOULD have been!

It must be a nightmare for businesses trying to keep up to date with the changes with software not compatible to new OS's.

It must be a nightmare for businesses trying to keep up to date with the changes with software not compatible to new OS's.
We still use XP pro at work and are just getting some new boxes in at the moment with Win7 on them. The software we use is buggy enough without throwing in a possibly buggy OS too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.