Windrush

I'd say the Immigration act was 'law' and therefore nobody was 'illegal'.

Yeah absolutely and i've definitely used the wrong term as i wasn't aware of the 1971 act.

As disgusting the treatment these people have had recently from the home office, i still think though that this is due to the abject failure of virtually every government in not correctly documenting their right to remain although it's not a stretch to say no one should have been deported or held and it shouldn't have been a huge job for anyone to look into each case and establish they were rightfully here.

A sickening by product of governments desperately trying to hit promised targets instead of just concentrating on doing the right thing.

Yeah absolutely and i've definitely used the wrong term as i wasn't aware of the 1971 act.

As disgusting the treatment these people have had recently from the home office, i still think though that this is due to the abject failure of virtually every government in not correctly documenting their right to remain although it's not a stretch to say no one should have been deported or held and it shouldn't have been a huge job for anyone to look into each case and establish they were rightfully here.

A sickening by product of governments desperately trying to hit promised targets instead of just concentrating on doing the right thing.

Deffo.

"we wanted workers, but got people instead" - I just heard that quote. it is from a Swiss poet. An interesting way of looking at it

Yeah the previous Govts should have foreseen that we would have a right wing racist govt in the future and acted accordingly.

The fault for this belongs with Theresa May and the Conservative Govt.

Yeah the previous Govts should have foreseen that we would have a right wing racist govt in the future and acted accordingly.

The fault for this belongs with Theresa May and the Conservative Govt.

I'm afraid i cant and wont agree with anyone labelling ANY UK government as "racist".

Its also why, as a labour voter, i've tried to offer some balance into the debate and ask why every government has failed to document the right to remain of these people?

Where all those governments, Labour ones included also "racist" for not ensuring so or is it just a term reserved for the Conservatives as a story is used as a political football instead of a nation apologising to these people for the shoddy way they have been treated since their arrival?

I'm afraid i cant and wont agree with anyone labelling ANY UK government as "racist".

Its also why, as a labour voter, i've tried to offer some balance into the debate and ask why every government has failed to document the right to remain of these people?

Where all those governments, Labour ones included also "racist" for not ensuring so or is it just a term reserved for the Conservatives as a story is used as a political football instead of a nation apologising to these people for the shoddy way they have been treated since their arrival?

Frankly I don't care what you wont agree with. The facts speak for themselves.

Frankly I don't care what you wont agree with. The facts speak for themselves.

The facts do speak for themselves.

Not one government has ever bothered to correctly document the right to remain of these people and that is a national disgrace.

Its lazy and its shoddy but it isnt racist.

Every country on Earth removes illegal immigrants. Are they also led by racist governments or is the removal of illegal immigrants just policy enforced by the government of the day, regardless of colour or creed?

The facts do speak for themselves.

Not one government has ever bothered to correctly document the right to remain of these people and that is a national disgrace.

Its lazy and its shoddy but it isnt racist.

Every country on Earth removes illegal immigrants. Are they also led by racist governments or is the removal of illegal immigrants just policy enforced by the government of the day, regardless of colour or creed?

Okay you keep apologising for the outrageous policies implemented by this Govt which have caused immense anguish and hardship to some of our citizens. Blaming past Govts for not foreseeing this is ridiculous.

Okay you keep apologising for the outrageous policies implemented by this Govt which have caused immense anguish and hardship to some of our citizens. Blaming past Govts for not foreseeing this is ridiculous.

Its only because of Theresa Mays 'Hostile Environment' policies that this has become an issue. If you are told that as an immigrant prior to 1971 act that you are entitled to remain here indefinitely your 'assumption' is that you are going to be ok.

Now that they are being asked to evidence 4 documents from every year that they have been resident . You got anything from when you were 10?

Can you show me where i have apologised in any way for what has happened?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.