Windrush

See above.
The only documentation all of these people had, that confirmed absolutely their claim of legality, were
landing cards. These were destroyed by a Labour Home secretary.
So re-examine that social conscience, it requires that confirmation bias needs taking out of the equation.

I think that you'll find this morning that May lied to Parliament (not for the first time).

The issue here is that Commonwealth peoples were asked to come to the UK after the war. (1948 onwards). Following a change to the Immigration act in 1971 the rules around immigration were tightened but those that were currently in the UK were granted 'indefinite leave to remain' not Citizenship (but many chose that route which lead to the TOEIC scandal in which May deported between 48,000 and 50,000 through no fault of their own - so she has form for this). The 'indefinite leave to remain' falls away if the individual leaves the UK for a period of two years or more.

Changes to the immigration law in 2012 means that people have to have documentation to work, to get a driving licence, open a bank account, rent a property or get treatment on the NHS. In order to get the necessary documentation from the Home Office , applicants are being asked to produce 4 sets of documents for each year they have been resident in the UK. (Don't know about you but I have no documents from when I was 10). This will obviously show that they have maintained continual residency and not given up the right to indefinite leave

But immigration was over a 23 year period. The individual cannot evidence when they came to the UK (the starting point for your document production) without those landing cards. As such disposing of them because people felt it might place them in breach of the Data Protection Act was a foolish act and it would appear that the Home Office was warned about that.

As far as the Government 'not knowing the numbers' another lie... they are fully aware, because

!) The Jamaican Authorities are having to process the deportees, grant them passports etc (so a simple phone call to the High Commissioner would solve that)
2) Its now coming out that the UK government have, indirectly , been funding an emergency accommodation centre in Kingston.
3) In conjunction with the High Commission and NODM (National Organisation of Deported Migrants) produced a booklet which is available on the HM Gov website called 'Coming Home to Jamaica' in which it guides the individual through the various support thats available ( it even has a section on what to do if you arrive in Jamaica and have no family or friends - how callous is that)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coming-home-to-jamaica-guide

I think that you'll find this morning that May lied to Parliament (not for the first time).
I haven't seen anything definitive on this, other than May's statement yesterday, not saying you're wrong, but 2009
appears to be when the card were destroyed, apparently via instructions from the border agency.
Whatever happened, I fully agree that the current situation is scandalous, the Home Office appears to have gone for easy targets
regarding immigration mandates, with hundreds of thousands of true illegals being overlooked, and these people targeted.

The issue here is that Commonwealth peoples were asked to come to the UK after the war. (1948 onwards). Following a change to the Immigration act in 1971 the rules around immigration were tightened but those that were currently in the UK were granted 'indefinite leave to remain' not Citizenship (but many chose that route which lead to the TOEIC scandal in which May deported between 48,000 and 50,000 through no fault of their own - so she has form for this). The 'indefinite leave to remain' falls away if the individual leaves the UK for a period of two years or more.

Changes to the immigration law in 2012 means that people have to have documentation to work, to get a driving licence, open a bank account, rent a property or get treatment on the NHS. In order to get the necessary documentation from the Home Office , applicants are being asked to produce 4 sets of documents for each year they have been resident in the UK. (Don't know about you but I have no documents from when I was 10). This will obviously show that they have maintained continual residency and not given up the right to indefinite leave

But immigration was over a 23 year period. The individual cannot evidence when they came to the UK (the starting point for your document production) without those landing cards. As such disposing of them because people felt it might place them in breach of the Data Protection Act was a foolish act and it would appear that the Home Office was warned about that.

As far as the Government 'not knowing the numbers' another lie... they are fully aware, because

!) The Jamaican Authorities are having to process the deportees, grant them passports etc (so a simple phone call to the High Commissioner would solve that)
2) Its now coming out that the UK government have, indirectly , been funding an emergency accommodation centre in Kingston.
3) In conjunction with the High Commission and NODM (National Organisation of Deported Migrants) produced a booklet which is available on the HM Gov website called 'Coming Home to Jamaica' in which it guides the individual through the various support thats available ( it even has a section on what to do if you arrive in Jamaica and have no family or friends - how callous is that)

Seems like she's taking tips on how to lie from her puppet master the orange gimp.

I haven't seen anything definitive on this, other than May's statement yesterday, not saying you're wrong, but 2009
appears to be when the card were destroyed, apparently via instructions from the border agency.
Whatever happened, I fully agree that the current situation is scandalous, the Home Office appears to have gone for easy targets
regarding immigration mandates, with hundreds of thousands of true illegals being overlooked, and these people targeted.

According to Sky (who say it's from the home office) the cards were destroyed in 2010.

Excellent post.

The treatment of the Windrush people has been a disgrace. Everyone seems to agree on that. That said, It’s all a bit pathetic these MPs on different sides calling other liars. Bob Kerslake has asked for an inquiry into the destruction of the Boarding Cards so there will probably be even more cost implications. The Cards were destroyed by officials who wouldn’t have understood their importance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.