Winning the CL may..

be a lot less difficult than winning the PL at this point in time.

Why?

1) Our lack of midfield athleticism is not so much of a problem. Yaya, Silva, KdB are all great passers and given time on the ball can open up any team. The problem in the PL is that time is limited. Zabaleta could even have a role here. But not against Spurs.

2) Teams not involved in their domestic title race have often won european trophies. Think no further than Liverpool, Sevilla and Chelsea(Europa League). The reverse seems to be true as well. ie Teams not involved in europe have an advantage in the league.

3) Jesus, a motivated Kun, Leroy and Raheem will give he opposition plenty to think about.

4) VK?

5) And perhaps most importantly Barcelona and Madrid are definitely not what they were. Still wouldn't want to play Atletico due to the style of play. Bayern not sure.

6) We only need to play 7 games to win the thing.

They could have been taken last year!

Think we are gonna find Monaco a tough nut. It'll be tougher than the Barca home tie. These guys have scored 60 goals in twenty games. I hope I'm totally wrong but there a couple of new and improved concessions waiting round the corner - another couple of goals that Joe Mercer, in his lifetime, never saw!

Last edited:
The only way for the rags to finish 4th and not qualify for the Champions league is if we (or Leicester) finish outside the top 4 and win the champions league AND Spurs finish outside the top 4 and win the Europa League. It would be Spurs who took their place.

I seriously can't see us getting past Monaco, people aren't giving them any credit. This is a team that is set up perfectly to play against us and they're bloody good at it!

I can see us getting beat 4/5-0 by them.

I'd love to win the Champions league, but the teams that do (or who get close) are always teams with good, solid defenses (Athletico x2, Dortmund, Bayern, Madrid, Barca etc). When Chelsea won it, they were so defensive, they just suffocated every game and hoped to score the odd goal. It's the reason Arsenal have never gotten past the round of 16 in the last however many years. You won't see a team win it that plays a you score 3 and we'll score 4 mentality!

I get married 3rd of June. Don't tell me that is champions league final day?

Settle for the FA Cup this year but will probably mean having to beat Chelsea (A) 5th Arsenal (A) Q/F Liverpool S/F and the Rags in the Final.
They wouldn't want a derby for the final under any circumstances, imagine their darlings going back to their London pads with their tails between their legs.

With the Premier League and the Chumps League, its either/or now, no team in this country can successfully challenge for both.

The less three Premier League winners won it in that season without having the burden of an added European campaign. When was the least time an English club won the Chumps League and won the Premier League in the same season? Betting it's over a decade or more.

So it seems now its what you want to go for each season and what will a club sacrifice that season. For me, the Premier League is and always should be the priority.

It'll be difficult to happen with the squad restrictions in place now that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.