Winter: FA Weak Over Rooney and Cole Incidents

This business of re-reffing a decision is a non-starter. I heard Dermot Gallagher yesterday being interviewed about the Thatcher assault on Mendes, he said he saw the foul but not the use of the elbow. He went onto say that on his way home he received a phone call from the FA asking him to look again at the incident.
Can anybody tell me if this was an evening match so who exactly gave the jobsworth the go ahead to ring the ref, if it was a night match it must have been 11'o'clock at least. So did they have a meeting inbetween the match finishing and the car journey home. The smell from Lancaster Gate is overwhelming.

Bigga said:
CBlue said:
WTF are you talking about now? Are you advocating that we only use VR when an assault has lead to a goal? If not, then you have to have the chance to review VR at any point in time - a Clattenburg ref will take this opportunity to screw you over if that is his mandate. You are introducing more ways to cheat, not less. The FO can only advise a ref, the ref can dismiss this advice as he sees fit. I've told you this before, the referee is the sole arbiter on the field. The rest of the "team" are merely assistants - they can be overruled - the referee can't.

WTF are you on about again? What panel? There is no panel & there would be an even lesser need for a panel to exist with VR. A panel will only investigate if the ref didn't see it. By looking at the VR during the game then he can now say he did & took the appropriate action. Therefore, no panel is required. The Clattenburg now has more power to cheat. Have you caught up yet? We're not talking about ref's making incorrect decisions - they're bad, but excusable - we're talking about corruption. Take off the blinkers - football in England is corrupt. There are players & officials taking money.

There is no credibility with VR - it will only add to the problems. I'm actually not amazed that you have never considered the darker side of what you wish for. As I said before, you have previous for it - take off those rose coloured glasses.

Wow! I didn't realise you could be so doggedly stupid!!

It was YOU that used the analogy of a goal and 'incident'!! Can you not keep up with yourself?? I don't know how to make this clear to you... BUT MC has already stated to the PANEL at the FA that he'd dealt with the matter from from his POINT OF VIEW. He DOESN'T have the benefit of another angle. This is not cheating as much as you'd think, but merely truth, therefore the FA PANEL can do nothing!! Are you with me, yet??
What's the name of this panel? There is no panel - there is a compliance department who may bring charges that have to be answered. If there is VR then there should be no need for this department to get involved as, by definition, the referee will have seen & dealt with the incident. If he looks at the VR & still concludes that no offence took place then there is nothing, nothing that anyone can do. Total power is now in the hands of the referee.

If MC has another view brought to light from another source and conference with the FO, his options begin to widen as to the severity of incident. Capiche??
No they don't, they diminish. If an unscrupulous referee wanted to effect the result of the game by dishonest means & GET AWAY WITH IT, then VR will help him do so as he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone.

Nobody, except you, has even mentioned a ref not seeing anything, on this occasion. In real time MC may genuinely have thought Shrek scraped the lad and not smashed him one.

Who knows!!
Why did Wigan get the free kick? & how the fuck does a midget like Rooney scrape a 6ft 4" centre half with his elbows? That is one fucked up running style. If he was to scrape him anywhere it would be in the upper body area - not the head. Rooney had to jump to connect with the elbow.

CBlue said:
Why did Wigan get the free kick? & how the fuck does a midget like Rooney scrape a 6ft 4" centre half with his elbows? That is one fucked up running style. If he was to scrape him anywhere it would be in the upper body area - not the head. Rooney had to jump to connect with the elbow.

As guilty as Rooney is,the above is rubbish - McCarthy is a 5'11 Midfielder - Although he lifted his arm and threw the elbow,his feet didn't leave the ground.

CBlue, you will always swear Black is White, no matter what anyone says!

This is what I said:
If MC has another view brought to light from another source and conference with the FO, his options begin to widen as to the severity of incident. Capiche??

You replied:
No they don't, they diminish. If an unscrupulous referee wanted to effect the result of the game by dishonest means & GET AWAY WITH IT, then VR will help him do so as he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone.

And 'siverback' weighs in with an important post:
I heard Dermot Gallagher yesterday being interviewed about the Thatcher assault on Mendes, he said he saw the foul but not the use of the elbow. He went onto say that on his way home he received a phone call from the FA asking him to look again at the incident.

For some reason, you think that this cannot be possible as attributed to Clattenburg, but I can give him the benefit of the doubt as things happen in real time and angles don't always show the truth of an incident. Gallagher changed his mind when faced with the gravity of the footage. Clattenburg had all weekend to confer his answer, so could afford to stay where he was. Shown 'immediately', it's likely he would have issued a card of some sort.

So the FA have another opportunity to show their weakness with Fergie, following his comments on Martin Atkinson after yesterday's defeat.
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson said he "feared the worst" when Martin Atkinson was chosen to referee his side's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.
"You want a fair referee - or a strong referee, anyway - and we didn't get that," said Ferguson.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/9411182.stm
I bet he doesn't even get a talking to for questioning the ethics or competency of the ref. Rich considering how much United get away with!

ashleycolemovlow.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.