Wireless

BlackSheep said:
How did it go?

Have you tried plugging a cable in and get it working that way (as a test that the laptop can "see" the router at all)?

Havent tried TINY's suggestion yet, cos im in work, but yeah it works with an ethernet cable.

Right TINY, its not saying anything about wireless connections where you suggested. When I didnt have wireless set up the 2 little computers used to come up n the bottom right corner saying no wireless connection found, but it doesnt come up anymore.

If its not showing in the list as above then try clickinng Action > Scan for hardware changes. Also it may or may not help to know what happened when you say it died and you brought it back to life.

I'm almost out of suggestions alison, only thin I can suggest is looking around the sides and back of the laptop (some have the wireless switches there), failing that - have you got a manual that came with the laptop? Just check in there for wireless?

Chris Musampa said:

If its not showing in the list as above then try clickinng Action > Scan for hardware changes. Also it may or may not help to know what happened when you say it died and you brought it back to life.

No nothing happens then either. The laptop froze when I was trying to connect wirelessly. The off button wouldnt work, so I had to take the battery off. It wouldnt turn off for about a day, but then I went through all the options about 5 times, & it came back on.

You not got a manual with it Alison? If not then I suggest you take it back where you got it from and kick off

Maybe something on your broadband setup disk clashed with your wireless driver, i had the same prob when connecting my mates pc to his bt home hub (using the bt installation disk), i ended up doing a system restore then setting up the wireless manually.

You could try that: Start > Programs > Accessories >System tools > System Restore, then Restore to an earlier time > Next, then click a bold date (before it all went tits up) on the calendar, see if that restores your wireless driver/icon.

Alternatlively you maybe able to restore the whole pc back to its factory state using either the restore disk which came with it or with a built in restoration utility, not sure which applies to time pcs.

If you dont fancy that then get it back to the shop and flutter yer eyelashes/kick off.

When did you buy it Alison? Personally I wouldnt bother restoring it/re-installing windows or anything, if your manual isnt any use, then phone Time up and kick off. People only listen when you kick-off, say that it was for work and you're now struggling to meet deadline as you cant access the internet etc. Takes the piss IMO, if you havent done anything knowingly then phone them asap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.