With so much money spent in the Premier League,why are many games boring?

I am watching the Spurs v Palace game and it has just occurred to me how the EP could further increase revenue streams.

A selection, say 85%, of the games made into Insomnia Help DVD's.

Total and utter turgid snooze fest. Imagine paying those prices to watch a congealed lump of tedious tosh?

Get on it. It could be the answer to the silent millions who have sleep conditions.

Maybe team up with the NHS and eradicate this evil once and for all.

It certainly has the tools to get the job done.

Some excellent posts on here and it seems my assessment is shared by a few of you. The weekend just passed, again was utter shite to watch.

there was a time when motd was a must watch, but even the 'highlights' are shit. The lack of atmosphere present in nearly every game ,is an indictation that nobody is getting excited at the games.

The money sky are asking reminds me of poncy bars who overcharge in the belief they are better, when in fact they're shit.

Sky have the four old firm games and if this wasn't the case, then I would chuck it today. I live in a rural area and although beautiful the broadband is terrible so streaming isn't always great to watch them that way.

I can't wait for BT to take over, as I already have that and won't need to pay more for a league that is slowly killing my love of the game. The English game I'm talking about here.

Maybe the EP should invite Celtic and Rangers. At least we would fucking take people on and with the money available would not be happy to hang in there as 14 teams do.

Something needs to be done. If that doesn't happen sky should allow you to buy the football you want and stop us subsidising a league that no **** wants to watch, never mind pay nearly £30 for.

As I said before, City get a pass for playing, or trying to play great stuff, but seriously who else is doing that?

If the clubs had no money then fine, but they do and there is no excuse for their utter lack of balls.

Look at a game that in the past everyone outside England would all love to see, Liverpool v Man U. The last game was so bad, so boring, that I chucked it before the end as it was a snore fest.

When they two teams are shit to watch, you know something is far wrong. As for the West broms v the Stokes type, I wouldn't watch those type of games if sky paid me a tenner to endure them.

Endure is the best way to describe the majority of games. That can't be right. The pricks who present the sky games try to talk them up, in doing so they insult every football fan who knows they are talking shit for a fee.

Even motd which edits most if the dull Pish out us left with mediocre entertainment and revolves around praising teams for being hard to beat.

That sums up the depths the EP has plummeted to. It's actually an event when you get a game you aren't compelled to turn off after 20 minutes.

Sad and sorry state of affairs.

Not going to lie i think im just getting bored of football when it doesnt involve city. I used to be able to sit and watch both games on a sunday regardless of who was playing but now I just watch 90mins of city and then the rest on match of the day. Its not just a PL thing though, my girlfriends dad is always watching La Liga and for all the "best league in the world" bollocks, if its not Madrid or Barca smashing someone its pretty shit too.

Haven't read the whole thread but my take is that there is too much emphasis put on defence in the English game. All this bollox that good defences win you titles is ingrained in English football psyche, I blame Liverpool for their shit football back in the 70s/80s that brought them so much success.

And latterly managers like Mourinho receiving so many plaudits based on just results.

City were great to watch under Keegan, Joe Royle and even Billy McNeill, Brian Horton, and Mel Machin on occasions. It's nothing to do with money. Managers like Maureen will always be boring no matter how much money he has while Klop and Pep will always attack. Mercer and Alison epitomised the positive philosophy as did Busby and Ferguson at United. There is a battle for the heart of our football between the bad guys and the good guys. In this country for some reason the media always supports the dinosaurs. It's the main reason why the England team has mostly been a joke for 50 plus years.

The problem is and remains that our officials are happy to let the quality players get hacked down several times before even thinking of a booking. The tackle by Yacob on silky should have been a straight red. Instead he stays on the pitch and scores and silky leaves injured. Does anyone else remember Shawcross hacking down Sergio when they beat us 1-0 at home. Same outcome Sergio misses games and we missed his goals. KDB when that *wat from Everton hacked him down again from behind. In each instance there was no attempt to play the ball.
That said anyone that thinks Scottish football could add excitement to the EPL should be ignored.

Some excellent posts on here and it seems my assessment is shared by a few of you. The weekend just passed, again was utter shite to watch.

there was a time when motd was a must watch, but even the 'highlights' are shit. The lack of atmosphere present in nearly every game ,is an indictation that nobody is getting excited at the games.

The money sky are asking reminds me of poncy bars who overcharge in the belief they are better, when in fact they're shit.

Sky have the four old firm games and if this wasn't the case, then I would chuck it today. I live in a rural area and although beautiful the broadband is terrible so streaming isn't always great to watch them that way.

I can't wait for BT to take over, as I already have that and won't need to pay more for a league that is slowly killing my love of the game. The English game I'm talking about here.

Maybe the EP should invite Celtic and Rangers. At least we would fucking take people on and with the money available would not be happy to hang in there as 14 teams do.

Something needs to be done. If that doesn't happen sky should allow you to buy the football you want and stop us subsidising a league that no **** wants to watch, never mind pay nearly £30 for.

As I said before, City get a pass for playing, or trying to play great stuff, but seriously who else is doing that?

If the clubs had no money then fine, but they do and there is no excuse for their utter lack of balls.

Look at a game that in the past everyone outside England would all love to see, Liverpool v Man U. The last game was so bad, so boring, that I chucked it before the end as it was a snore fest.

When they two teams are shit to watch, you know something is far wrong. As for the West broms v the Stokes type, I wouldn't watch those type of games if sky paid me a tenner to endure them.

Endure is the best way to describe the majority of games. That can't be right. The pricks who present the sky games try to talk them up, in doing so they insult every football fan who knows they are talking shit for a fee.

Even motd which edits most if the dull Pish out us left with mediocre entertainment and revolves around praising teams for being hard to beat.

That sums up the depths the EP has plummeted to. It's actually an event when you get a game you aren't compelled to turn off after 20 minutes.

Sad and sorry state of affairs.

But not a sorry as the dross north of the border aye?

Managers get half a dozen games to affect their teams results these days, no small wonder a lot park the aircraft carrier and try to neutralise the opposition rather than play their own game, makes for crap viewing, then you have the other side of the coin in Moanrhino who is safe in his job but still plays shit football because his results are all about him and not the team he manages..!

I think that the value of a league is at best orthogonal to exciting football.

It simply depends on what managers are hired into a league and what their philosophies are.

That said, is the run-of-the-mill P/L game really any more or less exciting than a game in any other top flight? I don't watch much non-P/L football currently, so I've really no idea.

I think that the value of a league is at best orthogonal to exciting football.

It simply depends on what managers are hired into a league and what their philosophies are.

That said, is the run-of-the-mill P/L game really any more or less exciting than a game in any other top flight? I don't watch much non-P/L football currently, so I've really no idea.

Orthogonal... I had to Joey Barton that on google, to find out what you were on about ... Ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.