With so much money spent in the Premier League,why are many games boring?

But they should and do have as much, or more resources as some of the teams who will reach the last 16 of the CL.
But they don’t. Everything is proportionate.

English clubs in the PL are charged two or three times as much for the same players as continental teams.

It’s like where I live the pay is fantastic, but my rent is over ten times the amount per month I paid in manchester and it’s £5 for a fucking iceberg lettuce. I may earn more but my cost of living is also increased. Same for the Leicester’s and Everton’s of this world.

Totally agree although any lower table Prem teams that try and play football against us will go the way of Watford so I can kind of understand it. Even Napoli couldn’t have complained at being 5-0 down after 30 mins last week.
I think he's specifically talking about the rags, all the money in the world but no balls to go for a win.

I think he's specifically talking about the rags, all the money in the world but no balls to go for a win.

Watching them has been put on indefinite hold. Turgid.

My pals a Man U fan. He was up yesterday and I crucified him for being a fucking glory hunter for a bunch of boring ****s.

He wasn't happy but he knew I was right.

So much money has been spent because there's so much available. The standard of players hasn't increased. You only have to look at the transfers between English clubs to see this. Danny Drinkwater cost Chelsea £35m. He's a decent player, but it's hard to argue that he's any better than Gareth Barry was when we bought him for £12m. Oxlade Chamberlain went for £35m. That's £10m more than we paid for Yaya Toure and David Silva. When teams know you have money, they'll charge you more. Look at Juventus when they bought Higuain. There's no way he would have cost £75m if they hadn't just sold Pogba for £90m. Liverpool definitely would have sold Coutinho for £130m, if Barcelona hadn't just been given £200m.

You'd think it might allow teams to bring in better quality from overseas, but in reality, the top players still want to play at the top level, and the best strikers would rather play for Napoli or Dortmund in the Champions League than West Ham in the Premier League, even if the latter can offer more money.
Higuain had a release clause that was activated, bad example.

Oh sorry.

I must have been thinking

Excruciating Premier league.

Exaggerated Premier League

Exasperating

And so on. :)

Managers get praised for being, hard to beat, well marshalled. Etc etc. What they are saying us you have probably 14 managers who are good a stopping teams playing football.

With the money at their disposal this is a disgrace and it results in at least 8 out of ten games being utter shite to watch. Truly awful battles when it's two of the shit teams. And frustrating when they lack iut the final third and don't even fucking try.

As a product the PL is overhyped shit for the most part. It's piss poor football in negating each other. The teams that do try have players hacked to fuck and up against three lines of defenders.

How anyone would buy a season ticket to watch this for the 14 Klingon clubs is totally beyond me.
Yes, but City are fantastic.

The English media don't encourage any kind of renewal in English football. They either puff up the usual suspects or savage the latest weakest. Sadly, English people still seem to lap their shit up. Non-journalists on the box have tended to be typically laddish ex-players with a limited interest in their work and no qualification other than a past playing career. Almost without exception they've been boring, after-dinner speaking, bar-propping, golf-playing, tie-wearing wannabe wideboys. There are signs that things might just be changing but Sky don't seem to want to go along with any sort of change. The FA should have been worried for some time now about the dearth of English football coaches in their top division. There might be one or two good ones knocking about the Football League but there should be one or two good ones in the Premier League. Every year. Instead we get to show off Hodgson, Pulis, and the others who have been doing the same thing for decades. I thought there were signs on Saturday that Pulis was trying to do more than just limit the damage. WBA played out from the goalie quite a bit, pressed high up at times and won the ball early to catch City coming out. They were overwhelmed at times but I thought they showed signs of at least trying to score goals, and they got two. Maybe they'll try it more often because they've drawn a lot of their home games. But, generally, the league's shortcomings are summed up by the appointment of Hodgson at Palace. A 70 year-old who's not won anything since he was in his early 50s and who's never won anything AFAIK outside the rather special environment of Scandinavian football. He seems to meet with general approval in the English media. Maybe it's his suburban demeanour that does it for them.

I think the money is probably partly to blame for the poor quality. Teams are desperate to stay up and sacrifice performance in favour of grinding out any result.

Yes, but City are fantastic.

No argument there. My argument is the adoption of siege tactics and being hard to beat us seen by too manyy as the pinnacle. A badge of honour.

That move has seen the teams that try to play the game the way people love to see in a minority.

If they have resources and they do, recruit and have a fucking go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.