with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Jumanji said:
kennycar said:
Only 13 points or better will guarantee us going through. This is what we should be aiming for especially as Plzen could potentially get zero.
I don't think Plzen will be a bender team.

They beat Napoli 5-0 on aggregate, and 3-0 at the San Paolo, one of the toughest most hostile grounds in Western Europe.

They also beat Athletico Madrid and topped their Europa league group.....

This is city we are talking about....... Anything is possible and counting chickens supporting us has never been recommended!
If we don't get of this group M88 we'd just as well fuck off to the MLS.

HellasLEAF said:
this is a pretty darn good draw for us. hard to ask for much better coming out of pot 3.

time for City to make some noise in Europe. good noise this time!

hope we lay a pasting on Munich as well. so glad we have a chance at them again.

I can't really see us hammering Bayern, but I certainly think we'll give them two good games.

Good draw .....would of liked Benfica instead of Bayern.....but still we could of gotten harder opposition from other pots.....time to go at it vs the big boys anyway ...CTID

Gaylord du Bois said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Jumanji said:
I don't think Plzen will be a bender team.

They beat Napoli 5-0 on aggregate, and 3-0 at the San Paolo, one of the toughest most hostile grounds in Western Europe.

They also beat Athletico Madrid and topped their Europa league group.....

This is city we are talking about....... Anything is possible and counting chickens supporting us has never been recommended!
If we don't get of this group M88 we'd just as well fuck off to the MLS.

Totally agree but let's face it stranger things have happened following us!

I don't want to jump the gun but if we really want the CL we should be taking maximum points off CSKA and Plzen with the team we have, I expect Pellegrini to get the boys right up for those games just as much as the Bayern matches. The games against Bayern should be the group topper deciders.

Dortmund showed dedicated as well as talent last season, if we show the same dedication our talent should prevail and we could potentially obtain the top seed, that's what I would be aiming for anyway.

I would aim high and try win all the games against Plzen and CSKA, try to win at home to Bayern and see if we can draw away to them in December. Believe.

Then again, we are talking about City here.

am333 said:
Good draw .....would of liked Benfica instead of Bayern.....but still we could of gotten harder opposition from other pots.....time to go at it vs the big boys anyway ...CTID
I don't mind Bayern, actually.

We've played them enough now to know how to get a result against them at home, maybe even away as well if we're fortunate.

Provided we progress, that also means we avoid the best team in Europe for the next round.

Txiki Begiristains reaction

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/August/UCL-Txiki-reaction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... i-reaction</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.