Without the nightmares of the 80s and 90s where would we be now ?

HarrytheBlue

Until things took a turn for the better, I was always analysing what went wrong right at the end of the 70s, the 80s and 90s. No need to think like that now. Without those dark days I have no doubt that we wouldn't have what we have now. Am I being too philosophical ?

No, we had to go through the horrors of brown cords, stonewashed denim and shell suits to get where we are now. No pain, no gain.

Mid table/up to 6th dross. No Mansour as we were only sold out of necessity (administration)

I think it's more likely that we'd still be at Maine Road.
I'm not sure GDM. Unless the various redevelopments of Maine Road would have been significantly better then the chances are that CoMS (as it was) would have still been a major improvement.
We could have built bigger and better in Moss Side but were always hemmed in by Thornton Road.

I don't know if it matters. We can't turn the clock back.

The play off win against Gillingham was a pivotal moment in our renaissance. We didn't know it at the time, well I didn't, but that victory secured our move to the new stadium and all that has happened since.

Without those nightmares you can pick your own scenario. I'm still pinching myself after giving up any hope of seeing City ever win a major trophy in my lifetime.

I still expect the worst, though. It's hard wired into my DNA, and that will never change.

I reckon those nightmares are the reason our owners bought us. They thought this fan will stick by us no matter What, god forbid even failure. Worry over for all concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.