Wolves (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a completely changed team for this one.

Bravo
Zinchenko
Arabayo
Mangala
Danilo
Yaya
Ilkay
B. Silva (sterling to play v west brom)
Foden
Diaz
Jesus (aguero to start v west brom)

I think we play Jesus in this one but rest him over the weekend. Then I would play B.Silva away at Napoli with Jesus up front. Potentially start Ilkay in Naples too. This will keep the players happy and fresh in my opinion.

Sounded from Guardiola's comments that Aguero might start. He looked rusty yesterday which was understandable.

I'd play Bernardo Silva central and Gundogan, and probably Bravo, Mangala and Zinchenko.

Well, Bravo is a nailed-on starter, surely? Then players like Danilo, Mangala, Touré and Gundogan who need starts. Sounds like this is what Pep meant when talking about Zinchenko getting a go at left-back too. I don't think playing two second-choice CBs is likely to end well, so I'd play Stones, while Jesus and Sterling were both rested yesterday and I'd expect both to start. Walker, Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho should be nowhere near this starting XI- they need a rest- and there's no point risking Delph either. Finally, Sergio hasn't played much football lately and Pep's been talking about him needing minutes. All things considered, I'd expect to see:

---------------Bravo------------------
Danilo-Stones-Mangala-Zinchenko
---------------Touré------------------
-------Bernardo--Gundogan--------
Sterling----------------------Jesus--
---------------Aguero----------------

Substitutes are a little trickier to predict. Muric should be the backup 'keeper in my opinion, with Adarbioyo there too, possibly alongside Walker. Fernandinho is likely to start on the bench and should have Diaz alongside him if he's not injured- if he is, just put Otamendi or Delph there instead without intending to actually use them. Sané and De Bruyne can round off the bench.

I'm going 3-0 if Wolves play a second-string side. Desperately want to see Zinchenko and Diaz play well.

Wolves are not to be taken lightly. They are top of the Championship for a reason and have scored the most goals.

We need to rotate but a win is a must for team morale. We can’t afford a loss going into the next 3 games WBA, Napoli & Arsenal. Momentum is crucial here.

————————————Bravo————————
—Danilo————Stones——Mangala——-Zinchenko
————————————Yaya—————————————
——————Gundogan——Bernardo—————
——-—Sterling———Aguero————Jesus————

Maybe Tosin for Stones but I would rather have Stones on and sub him off. CBs play a lot of games and he has enough time to rest from Wednesday to Saturday.

Think Diaz would of started but he’s not fit so Jesus gets the nod. Foden is not available so I don’t think we’ll see any kids, Tosin possibly.

Give the midfielders 90 min here. Stones off for Tosin/Otamendi, Sane for Jesus, and maybe Delph for Aguero.

IMO a very strong team that will get the job done. Aguero gets the record. Would love to see Gundogan score as well. A clean sheet for Bravo and the defense would be great.

Let’s continue our winning run!!

Agreed but Wolves won't play their first team and will make multiple changes

Also got three in top tier for this ... will be a good atmosphere with a vocal Wolves selling over 6k.
Hoping to see history so can see serge and Jesus starting to have another look at 4-4-2 which looked good earlier in season and means ya ya can play in a 2 with the dog as both need minutes and fern kdb and Dave need a rest.
We will concede due to changes a la WBA in previous round but 3-1 to Manchester and full use of subs as now is the time if any to use the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.