Wolves post match

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.

Agree with others that your boys did very well yesterday and with a bit of luck woul.d have knocked us out. But you are wrong on one key thing - there is no red half of manchester

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.

I would agree if you were a PL team and it was a league fixture.

It wasn't, though. It was a knockout cup competition and judging by your 9 changes, and present league form, not a priority.

Based on that, I don't see why you didn't just have a go, play expansive, progressive football given that the outcome would have been a bonus had you won.

Why not lose 7-2 having a go? Lime I said a win was a bonus.

That type of set up only applies when league points are at stake or in a cup competition you intend winning.

That said it was an enjoyable game and I wish you all the best for the season.

Very impressed by Wolves.
They did exactly what they had to do and came very close to knocking out probably the hottest football team on the planet.

Good comments. Cya next season...! (Old Maine Rd Season Ticket holder.)

City fans have always liked a good moan about the opposition. Now we moan about teams parking the bus but when I was growing up we moaned about teams thrashing us. One thing we can all agree on though is that united are cheating fluke merchants

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome chaps. I spent three very happy years at uni in Manchester in the 90s, purely due to my love of all things Madchester, which is why I have so much respect for your city and football club.

All the best for rest of the season, I'm fairly surely you'll go on and win the league. But if you have any moments of frustration, such as last night, just think back to the 88th minute vs Gillingham and how different things could have been!
Good luck with the rest of the season, I've got a mate who has been supporting Wolves since the days of Dougan and Richards, this is the most optimistic he has been in a long time.

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome chaps. I spent three very happy years at uni in Manchester in the 90s, purely due to my love of all things Madchester, which is why I have so much respect for your city and football club.

All the best for rest of the season, I'm fairly surely you'll go on and win the league. But if you have any moments of frustration, such as last night, just think back to the 88th minute vs Gillingham and how different things could have been!

hi Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

city have had some really good games down the years vs wolves and yes your fans are very much like ours and up for a crack and i used to love watching big bad George Berry taking no shit at maine road yes he stood out with his big afro but solid as a rock

george%20berry%20big%20hair.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.