Women's Football/Mark Sampson

Crouchinho

Team supported
Tottenham Hotspur
Everyday I load up the Beeb for the past few months it's littered with women headlines. Is it their way of making people gain an interest? Does anybody watch the women's game at all?

Never see it on the box here really. Are the goalies still naff?

Just finished watching the documentary "When Football Banned Women" which was on Channel 4 the other day. Great watch! Some really interesting stories in there but ultimately tragic that the FA robbed so many women of the opportunity to play the game at the height of its popularity.

Astonishing that teams like Dick Kerr Ladies were drawing crowds of 60k and raised the equivalent of £10m for charity in today's money before the FA's intervention.

Everyday I load up the Beeb for the past few months it's littered with women headlines. Is it their way of making people gain an interest? Does anybody watch the women's game at all?

Never see it on the box here really. Are the goalies still naff?

They'd give Stoke a game

Misguided posting this in a city forum tbh..

The game is growing and if you don't expect it to be like the men's game you will appreciate it far more.

Just finished watching the documentary "When Football Banned Women" which was on Channel 4 the other day. Great watch! Some really interesting stories in there but ultimately tragic that the FA robbed so many women of the opportunity to play the game at the height of its popularity.

Astonishing that teams like Dick Kerr Ladies were drawing crowds of 60k and raised the equivalent of £10m for charity in today's money before the FA's intervention.

I never knew about that, I just had to give it a quick read, they were pulling in more in attendance than the mens game!

Misguided posting this in a city forum tbh..

The game is growing and if you don't expect it to be like the men's game you will appreciate it far more.
Agree with you 100%. I take it for what it is and I enjoy watching the women's game. The matches can be fun and exciting to watch tbf.

I've stated before I have two daughters and they love watching the women's club and international matches. My five year old LOVES football. She has started to play organized football, and is quite good for her age. I like that she has players of the same sex to look up to and aspire to be like.

In my experience, women footballers seem to be much more accessible to the fans, especially the girls that go to see them play and follow the matches and teams. Could be because they have fewer demands for their time than the men but it is nice nevertheless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.