Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Cheers, yeah it looked bad due to the other girls faces and rush to help.
It looked horrific at full speed, Bremner was on a good breakaway but just pushed the ball too far ahead, and the Everton player got there first, but Bremner was already committed, and she went straight over the Everton player, with her leg looking like it went underneath her. Its bad when players are doing the oxygen, and helping carry the stretcher.

I didn't watch the game but for those that did, was the second half a consequence of the CL away fixture mid-week? Tiredness etc...?

I didn't watch the game but for those that did, was the second half a consequence of the CL away fixture mid-week? Tiredness etc...?
I thought it was more Everton upping their game to be honest, I'm not sure the injury helped either, it was pretty horrible, and people are affected by stuff like that.

We were probably still the better team in the second half, but we found it hard to stay in possession for long, unlike the first half.

I thought it was more Everton upping their game to be honest, I'm not sure the injury helped either, it was pretty horrible, and people are affected by stuff like that.

We were probably still the better team in the second half, but we found it hard to stay in possession for long, unlike the first half.

We are a miles better team but the pitch I think is a massive leveller. Yes Everton upped their game but their game is about running,effort,energy and little about quality football.

At their best City would batter Everton but 2nd half we started to have bad touches and make poor decisions and with Everton playing the harrassing game we just kept giving the ball away.

On a pitch like that it needs composure, a good first touch and mostly play the ball the way you are facing as it jusy not easy to control the ball and move with it. I think it's a disgrace that the 2 scouse teams are allowed to play on a surface like that. We just got nervy and anxious and nothing to do with tiredness after the CL game. Let's leave such thoughts with Conti!

We are a miles better team but the pitch I think is a massive leveller. Yes Everton upped their game but their game is about running,effort,energy and little about quality football.

At their best City would batter Everton but 2nd half we started to have bad touches and make poor decisions and with Everton playing the harrassing game we just kept giving the ball away.

On a pitch like that it needs composure, a good first touch and mostly play the ball the way you are facing as it jusy not easy to control the ball and move with it. I think it's a disgrace that the 2 scouse teams are allowed to play on a surface like that. We just got nervy and anxious and nothing to do with tiredness after the CL game. Let's leave such thoughts with Conti!
I thought Everton upped their game after the 3rd goal, (they had a bit of a group huddle straight after the 3rd goal).But that pitch isn't great, also the weather was shite, making it a greasy plastic pitch too. To think rugby is played on this pitch also, which I find a strange surface for rugby ! A lot of our players seemed to have a quiet game last night, maybe the travelling did take something out of them ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.