Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

The Lyon No 3 Wendie Renard would fit in nicely alongside Vinnie !

Thought that when I saw her live last week.

Looks an absolute tank.

This Lyon side are seen as the Real Madrid of the women's game and have 5 of the world XI in their squad so this tie was always going to be a big ask.

I would like to think the club can think they have chance of possibly one to join us. It would be an huge coup.

Man City Women’s maiden adventure in the Champions League came to an end with valiant 3-2 aggregate defeat to reigning champions Lyon.

Trailing 3-1 from the first leg at the Academy Stadium, the Blues headed to France with a mountain to climb against the three-time winners but claimed a hard-fought 1-0 triumph at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais, thanks to Carli Lloyd’s thunderous strike.

Their attendance was 19,214 - incredible. They are the current CL holders........but a 1-0 win at theirs is very good. Pity about the first leg.

When did Lyon last lose, or lose at home ?

Despite going out, that is a really good result against the current holders, if only we hadn't conceded the 3rd at home.

English teams have been well beaten in previous recent semi finals, so losing by 1 on aggregate is a big improvement for English women's football, though I doubt it will be reported that way.

Great result. After the first leg I thought they'd be mullered in Lyon. What was the starting line up? Did Cushing start with the team that finished the first leg. Izzy and Geronimo Stanway didn't half create a few probs for the Lyon defence when they came on! Augurs well for next year.

When did Lyon last lose, or lose at home ?

Despite going out, that is a really good result against the current holders, if only we hadn't conceded the 3rd at home.

English teams have been well beaten in previous recent semi finals, so losing by 1 on aggregate is a big improvement for English women's football, though I doubt it will be reported that way.

Not reported at all in the DT today! Bet that surprises a few!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.