Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Better side won. City had an off day again. Maybe time for a rethink at management level.

Hard to know exactly what the problems are at the moment but the team do not seem to have progressed this season at all. No question at all Lucy leaving was significant but I felt we saw everything that is wrong in that first half. First of all I could not believ the team Nick picked.

Nadia seems to work hard but sadly achieve nothing at all. The ball does not stick with her at all so attack after attack breaks down before it starts.The first time she touched the ball it was to tread on it and fall over. Sadly she is not alone with poor control and first touch. Almost every player had that problem in the first half. The pitch wasnt great but at times I see the same problem at the CFA on a good pitch!.

Jane Ross is a much better target as a center forward soa better option imo but I would have played Parris at 9 with Mel Lawley and Claire Emsley as two wide attackers. I like the two wingers as good runners with the ball who can get behing defences instead of playing the ball to a central player and let defences just come through them or pick up mis controlled balls.

Sadly we made the one big mistake to let them score. Beattie should have headed the ball away easily I though but mistimed it and that was that. Miles better in the 2nd half with much better pressing and more intent but then that age old thing was there for all to see a lack of composure in the final third. Tried hard and came close (ish) but for me never really looked like scoring.

Back to basics for me and learning to play simple passes to feet. Control the ball first time and improve awareness of who is around to turn thew right way and pick the right pass.

Very difficult to stop the 'drain'. City can attract good players because of our facilities and infrastructure but when these players start to get international exposure along come the Leagues who don't have to work within a wage cap. City try their best by having a small squad to allow higher wages to be spread around fewer players but once you get a player like Lucy Bronze, one of the best at the World Cup France beckons.

well sell her to Melbourne Women and loan her back, got to find a way around this.

Very difficult to stop the 'drain'. City can attract good players because of our facilities and infrastructure but when these players start to get international exposure along come the Leagues who don't have to work within a wage cap. City try their best by having a small squad to allow higher wages to be spread around fewer players but once you get a player like Lucy Bronze, one of the best at the World Cup France beckons.

The wage cap will be the reason why the FA WSL doesn’t reach its potential.

The women’s La Liga in many peoples opinion is behind the FA WSL overall yet when you have Barcelona being able to attract Lieke Martens for £180k a year when the highest paid player in the FA WSL is on around £60k a year you can see there is a huge difference.

Lyon’s average salary if I recall is around €150k a year. That’s the average I think so you can only imagine the best players are getting well into six figures.

When Lyon signed Alex Morgan for the second half of last season they had her on 33k dollars a month. A month!

Lyon absolutely rinse teams week in week out though. Not good for competitiveness overall, even though there are only 3/4 teams here competing in the league.

State of this...

https://uk.women.soccerway.com/nati...sion-1/20172018/regular-season/r41694/tables/

The cost of running a women’s team is peanuts for a men’s team like City, and there are more what you would call top men’s teams in the FA WSL than there are in France.

You have City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom if had no wage cap could potentially go ahead and buy anyone from that Lyon side.

It’s mental how a team like Lyon can come and swoop for a City player - despite it being run by the men’s team - and blow us out of the water on salaries.

The cost of running a women’s team is peanuts for a men’s team like City, and there are more what you would call top men’s teams in the FA WSL than there are in France.

You have City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom if had no wage cap could potentially go ahead and buy anyone from that Lyon side.

Fair point, didn't consider other teams giving it as much as a go as City.

City’s web page continues to be a joke! Under a report on the Continental Cup final last night it states CITY 1 - Arsenal 0.
Did I miss something watching the game?

Heard a comment earlier tonight on the radio made by Aluko i think, that all the Arsenal players had cried off from playing for England with supposed injuries, but all now miraculously recovered and set to play tonight. See mentioned tiredness therefore might be a factor for the City players with the extra game & travelling, whilst the Arsenal players would be relatively fresh.

I heard that comment as well. She actually called an Arsenal victory purely because of it.

The FA - as we all know are an incompetent organisation with some evidence to suggest they may even be corrupt. The senior leadership team are a shambles. Tasked with renewing a tired and archaic organisation they seem to go from one one PR gaff to another. The men’s game has it bad and is badly served by an organisation which for example has systematically undermined the national team with a string of ludicrous decisions : Charles Hughes, Graeme Taylor, Steve McLaren and Gareth Southgate to name a few. However, in respect of the women’s game they are worse. They are an utter disaster. A salary cap to destroy competitiveness, propping up an England Manager against serious allegations without conducting a proper investigation - and having hired him without conducting any due diligence - and only later finding evidence of gross misconduct at his previous employer - did they not even write for a reference? One assumes not !, playing an FA cup Final with Man City as one of the teams on an afternoon when City were playing (this had to take thousands off the gate of a showpiece event), moving last nights Continental Cup Final to a weeknight - the majority of attendees would have been females under 16 with their parents for that game - how many of them will have trekked to Wycombe on a school night? To cap it all the FA couldn’t even secure any TV coverage. Finally, you have the appointment of an England Manager who did not tick a single one of the criteria set out by the FA for recruitment into the post! How can anyone take them seriously. Clarke and Glenn are cut from the same cloth, old school, chauvinist bullies. The women’s game in England is just a token and it’ll be nothing more with these clowns at the helm. City’s approach should be encouraged but instead it’s punished by those who have no appreciation of ambition or understanding of the need to progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.