Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

The FA - as we all know are an incompetent organisation with some evidence to suggest they may even be corrupt. The senior leadership team are a shambles. Tasked with renewing a tired and archaic organisation they seem to go from one one PR gaff to another. The men’s game has it bad and is badly served by an organisation which for example has systematically undermined the national team with a string of ludicrous decisions : Charles Hughes, Graeme Taylor, Steve McLaren and Gareth Southgate to name a few. However, in respect of the women’s game they are worse. They are an utter disaster. A salary cap to destroy competitiveness, propping up an England Manager against serious allegations without conducting a proper investigation - and having hired him without conducting any due diligence - and only later finding evidence of gross misconduct at his previous employer - did they not even write for a reference? One assumes not !, playing an FA cup Final with Man City as one of the teams on an afternoon when City were playing (this had to take thousands off the gate of a showpiece event), moving last nights Continental Cup Final to a weeknight - the majority of attendees would have been females under 16 with their parents for that game - how many of them will have trekked to Wycombe on a school night? To cap it all the FA couldn’t even secure any TV coverage. Finally, you have the appointment of an England Manager who did not tick a single one of the criteria set out by the FA for recruitment into the post! How can anyone take them seriously. Clarke and Glenn are cut from the same cloth, old school, chauvinist bullies. The women’s game innEngland is just a token and it’ll be nothing more with these clowns at the helm. City’s approach should be encouraged but instead it’s punished by those who have no appreciation of ambition or understanding of the need to progress.
I have to admit I don't watch much of the women's game, but I heard someone comment(I guess an ex-female player)and she was talking about City's success and she said that.... the last thing English football needs is another Arsenal that could dominant the English game and do well in Europe because that causes issues like Notts County... From an ambivalent point of view (I have no vested interest in the success or failure WSL) surely you shouldn't as a league to prop up your weakest link you should let the game organically evolve it seems to me that some owners want to invest into the sport and that should be encouraged

Heard a comment earlier tonight on the radio made by Aluko i think, that all the Arsenal players had cried off from playing for England with supposed injuries, but all now miraculously recovered and set to play tonight. See mentioned tiredness therefore might be a factor for the City players with the extra game & travelling, whilst the Arsenal players would be relatively fresh.
Wenger finally gets revenge over oil money..

The cost of running a women’s team is peanuts for a men’s team like City, and there are more what you would call top men’s teams in the FA WSL than there are in France.

You have City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom if had no wage cap could potentially go ahead and buy anyone from that Lyon side.

It’s mental how a team like Lyon can come and swoop for a City player - despite it being run by the men’s team - and blow us out of the water on salaries.
The trouble is the women's lacks respect in this country, specifically from the people that run , a final of a cup competition with two of the top teams in the country stuck on Facebook. England games stuck on the red button, but also us fans , City women v Chelsea women last week , the top two (Also the best two) teams in the country, and only around 1500 turned up , with no other City on that day too . The women's game needs pushing more in this country.

Last edited:
Also the womens game lacks respect in the country , last seasons semi final against Lyon ,

The trouble is the women's lacks respect in this country, specifically from the people that run , a final of a cup competition with two of the top teams in the country stuck on Facebook. England games stuck on the red button, but also us fans , City women v Chelsea women last week , the top two (Also the best two) teams in the country, and only around 1500 turned up , with no other City on that day too . The women's game needs pushing more in this country.

That’s the FAs role to promote the game. Use the FA Cup Final as a showpiece for the women’s game etc but the FA just don’t have the vision bunch of ***** in blazers.

That’s the FAs role to promote the game. Use the FA Cup Final as a showpiece for the women’s game etc but the FA just don’t have the vision bunch of ***** in blazers.
I agree , but I also think City need to push City's women team too, and some of the crowds are disappointing for a team that is one of the best in the country. But I'm not sure what direction the club is going behind the scenes , as for me it's not just the women, but the EDS & Accademy get poor coverage too, not helped by the crap website we have .

I agree , but I also think City need to push City's women team too, and some of the crowds are disappointing for a team that is one of the best in the country. But I'm not sure what direction the club is going behind the scenes , as for me it's not just the women, but the EDS & Accademy get poor coverage too, not helped by the crap website we have .

Changing the season to winter was a balls up regarding attendances.

It seems to me, that in trying to align with the European leagues, the WSL lost its momentum, that had been gained from the progress and subsequent exposure of the international team.

City were regularly attracting 3,000+ attendances during the summer, but the mini ETIHAD is a draughty, soulless venue for winter football.

It seems to me, that in trying to align with the European leagues, the WSL lost its momentum, that had been gained from the progress and subsequent exposure of the international team.

City were regularly attracting 3,000+ attendances during the summer, but the mini ETIHAD is a draughty, soulless venue for winter football.

I went all the time in the summer purely because I was football starved but i go a lot less in the winter and the comments about the minihad been a cold hole are so true.

We had to align.

The European teams had the competitive momentum when it came to the knockout rounds of the Champions League because the FAWSL was just coming out of pre-season and into the first few matches of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.