Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Tbh I don't think the switch to a winter season has helped the profile of the women's game.

I think they had to though.

The summer period had too many interruptions involved with the international competitions.

Also, probably more importantly, the FAWSL had to align itself with the other top leagues in Europe so that when it came to the CL they had at least a competitive balance.

The French and German teams in particular as they have been the most consistent top achievers in the women’s game in the last 10 years, whilst they are in the quarter finals onwards they have already got 7-8 months of a season behind them, wheras the FAWSL teams were pretty much just at the start of their campaigns.

Agreed I used to go in the summer - during the football drought but haven’t been this season.

I've been to most of the women's fixtures but it was much better when it was during the Summer. Seem to be doubling up these days. I used to go to a fair number of the kids' games too, but they seem to be coming thick n' fast this season.

Good result but, er, what does it all mean? I thought it was some World Club Champs type competition between the continents, but now I've found out it's just a tyre sponsor. How does it work - is this the women's equivalent of the League Cup? Is it the 4th trophy of 4 in importance?

Good result but, er, what does it all mean? I thought it was some World Club Champs type competition between the continents, but now I've found out it's just a tyre sponsor. How does it work - is this the women's equivalent of the League Cup? Is it the 4th trophy of 4 in importance?

League Cup equivalent.

They also have The FA Cup, League and Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.