Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

It was a brilliant team display by Steph Houghton's side today. They were better organised and with more cutting edge than Chelsea who couldn’t capitalise on their three clear chances to score. City's keeper Karen Bardsley make some great saves, but in added times Chelsea's Millie Bright somehow missed an open goal.
The quality and blistering pace of City’s front line led to the move for Nadia Nadim's goal.

Top pic.... the celebrations after Nadia's goal
Middle pic... Team hug at the end of the game
Bottom pic... City fans in full voice and drum support

2j2c7y9.jpg

abrxw3.jpg

14kilau.jpg

Tbh I don't think the switch to a winter season has helped the profile of the women's game.

It’s a shame that the profile of the game is being hindered because I think the standard is better than ever. The change to to the Winter season could be a factor but I also think there are other issues.

The increased profile of the women’s game was being driven mainly by the BBC (linked to a great World Cup campaign) who have pulled back a little after using our tax payers money in hounding Mark Sampson out his job. He may well have to deserved to go but there has been collateral damage in the sheer scale of the media onslaught and prioritising their pundit Aluko over the game.

MCWFC will get the same distorted, sneering comments the men's team get. Fingers are pointed at the facilities, there are nods in the direction of ATM machines, and it's at the expense of what goes on during the game. I'll never forget the commentary when we played CFC at the Athletics Stadium. We were winning one nil and the male commentator asked the female commentator what CFC have to do to get back in the game. We were attacking at that moment, Scotty swung one over, chested down by Duggers and volleyed into the CFC net. There, LITERALLY, followed a ten second stunned silence!

Well done City Women yesterday. We are proud of each and every one of you. It sounded like it was a tremendous game. I say, sounded, because I could only listen to the game live on a BBC relay.
In my opinion our club doesn’t give the women’s team the prominence it deserves. I tried to find information on the game on our web pages but there was very little available except the fact that it was being played.
The skills and endeavour shown by our players are very high and improving all the time. This platform also allows supporters (and in particular children) to learn more about football and Manchester City in particular in a safe environment, free from bad language and other bad influences found when attending the men’s game over the road and hopefully, many will become future season ticket holders in later life.
Manchester City could and should do much more to advertise the women’s team.
Good luck in the final and throughout the season. This season we could have a bumper haul of trophies (men’s and women’s teams) to celebrate (let’s hope).

MCWFC will get the same distorted, sneering comments the men's team get. Fingers are pointed at the facilities, there are nods in the direction of ATM machines, and it's at the expense of what goes on during the game. I'll never forget the commentary when we played CFC at the Athletics Stadium. We were winning one nil and the male commentator asked the female commentator what CFC have to do to get back in the game. We were attacking at that moment, Scotty swung one over, chested down by Duggers and volleyed into the CFC net. There, LITERALLY, followed a ten second stunned silence!

Remember that goal - huge respect for Duggan - brought it down and nailed it. Goal of the season. You are right re the whispers and the comments - personally I think it’s the Arab ownership that the football elite cannot stand - there’s a deep under current of racism in football and it doesn’t seem to go away.

It was a brilliant team display by Steph Houghton's side today. They were better organised and with more cutting edge than Chelsea who couldn’t capitalise on their three clear chances to score. City's keeper Karen Bardsley make some great saves, but in added times Chelsea's Millie Bright somehow missed an open goal.
The quality and blistering pace of City’s front line led to the move for Nadia Nadim's goal.

Top pic.... the celebrations after Nadia's goal
Middle pic... Team hug at the end of the game
Bottom pic... City fans in full voice and drum support

2j2c7y9.jpg

abrxw3.jpg

14kilau.jpg
Thank you for this. Proper hardcore supporting there :)

Probably missed yesterday but the women won their 17th straight game (in all competitions), beating Sunderland 3-0 away to stay top of the WSL.

A quick check on the BBC Football page, confirms, that Chelsea won at home against Everton with a late winner..... but no mention of the leaders winning, until you dig down to the Women's Football page.

City and Chelsea meet on Thursday at Kings Meadow, home of AFC Wimbledon, in Norbiton, Kingston-upon-Thames KO 19:00.

Well done ladies, fuck the haters and biased media in this country.

History makers just like the men, be proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.