Work/Life Balance

Johnsonontheleft

Do you have a good work/life balance?

Most people don't enjoy their work, yet spend so much time working that they miss out on life. Do you sometimes sit and work and think: why am I not scuba diving in Australia? Or just enjoying life more than you currently are by doing different things?

I find it tragic how people work so hard in order to retire with as much money as possible, but by the time they've reached this 'goal' they're too old or too ill to enjoy it properly.

If you're young, surely NOW is the time to do the stuff you've always wanted to do. I understand that you need to do something that you enjoy and that is paid employment, but surely nobody enjoys working in a call centre all day like millions of young people do.

No, I don't and probably never will.

If we could keep the wages the same but bring in that 4-day week suggestion, that might help... Either that or a Lotto win :-)

Interesting topic.

In a previous company everybody had a good work/life balance, in fact the balance was in favour of life given the time off available and people were lazy.I had that much leave that I didn't know what to do with it so I started studying French again.

In my current job the work/life balance isn't as good. I have been on holiday over the last week yet I have found myself doing work stuff which had to be attended to. Also when I get home from work I often find something has happened during my commute or something needs doing to help clients on other continents.

I usually have no choice but to do the work as it affects my performance and doesn't look good if I ignore it.

I am a huge fan of having a good work/life balance as it's healthy and wish I had a better balance. I'd love to concentrate more on fitness but at the moment time doesn't allow for it. People also work best in sprints with everything in good measure.

I have seen people who have a poor balance and it is unhealthy.

My work / life balance is shocking ! I'm currently on day 23 without a day off but a 100% having a weekend off this week ! I'm knackered beyond repair

Due to me working so long I've took it out on my wife and kids even though I know it's my fault ! Hopefully this weekend will make up for it

The money is great but if you don't have time to spend it then it's pointless

Live to work , or work to live ?

I have made it my mission in life to escape the rat race aged 50. Working like mad now to save and invest for another 13 years, live sensibly and then do things I want to do in my 5os.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.