Work/Life Balance

Boring thats why mate, there is only so much you can travel etc, I have my own business so it doesn't feel like work just incredibly exciting, rollercoaster, you name it.
That's why you need job satisfaction in life...

Cheers for the clarification - I have always worked for myself. Just after 25+ years in the building and development game i am going to have a change from the structured hours and demands. Part of my plans are to buy a bar, some overseas property and educate my kids in life in whatever routes they take. But I have spent an average of 60 hours a week on building sites for such a long time all within the Manchester City Ring Road and I like to thing a change of scenery at least for several months of the year will expand the mind. Agree with you the day I have nothing to worry about apart form accompanying Mrs WW shopping is the day to give up. I found being off with her for 9 days at xmas challenging enough!!!

I don't get your point? If you can retire young and travel and see the word and still have freedom, interests, social interaction and have money to have a decent standard of living why wouldn't you?
Far fucks mate. If you've earned it then why not enjoy your free time without constraints of having to work.

Cheers for the clarification - I have always worked for myself. Just after 25+ years in the building and development game i am going to have a change from the structured hours and demands. Part of my plans are to buy a bar, some overseas property and educate my kids in life in whatever routes they take. But I have spent an average of 60 hours a week on building sites for such a long time all within the Manchester City Ring Road and I like to thing a change of scenery at least for several months of the year will expand the mind. Agree with you the day I have nothing to worry about apart form accompanying Mrs WW shopping is the day to give up. I found being off with her for 9 days at xmas challenging enough!!!
For me I would have to keep active, have a passion and i don't mean just City.
So either carry on with a business, create a new business or maybe charity work, no way could I just stop and basically just 'holiday' I know for the majority that would be a dream, not for me.
Good luck mate and don't forget my invite for the new bar :)

Anyone know how Fantasy's first day as a train driver went?

Boring thats why mate, there is only so much you can travel etc, I have my own business so it doesn't feel like work just incredibly exciting, rollercoaster, you name it.
That's why you need job satisfaction in life...

There’s millions of places to see and experience, if I had financial freedom to be able to travel the world with my family & friends I couldn’t think of a better way of life. Don’t get me wrong Manchester has been and always will be home, even if I won £100m on the lottery. The only work I’d happily want to do in that situation is helping people whether it would be homeless people or children’s hospitals etc.

As the saying goes
“work to live, not live to work”.

I’m going to become a Nana in September. I enjoy my job too, it’s interesting and everyday is different and challenging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.