World class English players

Some people need to put football rivalries aside. How people can say Rooney is not world class is beyond me. He's won everything the game has to offer in club terms. He's the leading scorer for his country which stretched back about 40 years. Someone mentioned his tournament history.,,,no player has ever had a good tournament for England in recent years.

Scholes absolutely - shocking half witted England managers played him out of position to accommodate Gerard & Lampard. Apart from that can only throw into the hat Walker Rolls Royce of a centre half, Cole, Ashley not Joe!! obnoxious but the real deal, Shearer a bullying goal machine of the highest order and the aforementioned Lampard, complete midfield package.

I know the PL is awash with cash but genuinely how many English players have been of interest to the top European teams? Owen fast but fucked with his injuries, Beckham clothes horse shirt seller, David Platt, half a shout?

Some people need to put football rivalries aside. How people can say Rooney is not world class is beyond me. He's won everything the game has to offer in club terms. He's the leading scorer for his country which stretched back about 40 years. Someone mentioned his tournament history.,,,no player has ever had a good tournament for England in recent years.
Rooney had about 5 years where he was class but has dipped at an alarming rate since he was about 26. Now he's the shittest overpaid player in the world and utd would happily give him away to get him off their wage bill.

Loved him mate, one of my favs, however, his game wouldn't of adapted abroad (imo), the quintessential old number 9, he may of done a John Charles but I'm not too sure!

Have to go with Shearer too. His strike rate (especially at Blackburn) was unreal. Played a slightly different game after his injury in 97 but would still make a 'world squad' during his era.

Haha fucking hell. He'd have got nowhere near any records if he'd been reffered properly instead of being allowed to kick stamp snarl through games before referring them himself.

It's beynd you as you read the sun.... half his goals have come against mediocrity at International level, and protected as fuck domestically.... pube headed ****!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.